Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

daisymoo86
Beginner July 2016

Clip Art Images ... where to find

daisymoo86, 10 of March of 2014 at 11:03 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi

Does anyone know anyone who can create a 'clip art' image for you to use on invites etc.

I've looked on google and not found what I am after, so wondered if anyone knew of someone who could make them bespoke?

Hope that makes sense and I havent just sounded like a fool!!

10 replies

Latest activity by SillyWrong, 10 of March of 2014 at 14:43
  • ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried any stock image websites? They have thousands of images and you can usually buy the rights to an image to use as you want.
    Can't think of any off the top of my head but do a google search for stock images and you should get a good few. Some give you free credits for signing up too!

• RebeccaTovey
    RebeccaTovey ·
    • Hide content

I know quite a lot of wonderful illustrators who may be able to help you :-) What kind of images were you after?

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

I've looked on stock images and theres nothing exactly like I have the picture of what I want in my mind lol.

What I am looking for is 2 cats.

Black silhouettes. One slightly taller (male) with a purple bow tie, the other slighlty smaller (female) with maybe a purple bead necklace on and a veil (though not sure on that bit until I see it) and they are sat neck to each other and with their tails they make a love heart.

I just sort of want something like tyhis that can be on the Save the Dates, the invites, the place cards, to tie all the stationery through and cant find the exact image from my brain! lol.

Some of them of the stock images websites are close, but look a bit cheap and cheesy and I want a classy look if that makes sense.

• Luna Lovegood
    Beginner April 2014
    Luna Lovegood ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I found this on shutterstock

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Oooo thats quite close to what I'm after. Thanks.

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

I got the cliparts for use on my stationery from Etsy and https://www.fenderskirtsvintage.com/store

It might be worth contacting some of the sellers on Etsy to see if they could do you a bespoke image?

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Daisy - I could edit the above image for you if you like? What kind of purple?

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

It was only done in paint so isn't good quality - would be OK if you were using it as a tiny emblem for your stationery though. I tried putting a veil on her, it added too much detail, which i'm guessing you don't want ...

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Wow thanks for the help SillyWrong!

and to everyone for comments Smiley smile

This definatley looks more like I had in mind, you are right about the veil, want to keep it simple if it looked too cluttered then it wouldnt work. Thanks, will have a play around with some mock invites later today and see how they work Smiley smile

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

What do you guys think for a first draft?

I plan to print on a pale purple card, and stick magnets on the back.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Cute Smiley smile have you had a look on dafont? You can get some lovely fonts from there, really easy to install ..

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics