Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

JellyBellyBride
Beginner December 2014

Clip in hair extensions for the big day...

JellyBellyBride, 21 of January of 2014 at 12:19 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi All

I'm just starting to look at Make Up/Hair for my wedding in December. I'm thinking that for the style I want, I'll need to wear clip in hair extensions as I have very fine hair and there's just not enough to do what I want to do! Is the hairdresser likely to stipulate the type of hair extension I need to buy or should I just go ahead and buy what I think would be best? Also, does anyone have any recommendations for clip in extensions for the purposes of creating volume (rather than length)??

Thanks in advance

3 replies

Latest activity by JellyBellyBride, 21 of January of 2014 at 13:28
  • MischiefMumma
    Beginner August 2014
    MischiefMumma ·
    • Hide content

Hello UBTB, another fine haired bride here! I'm getting clip in extensions too, but Im going to get them as close to my hair colour as possible and then when it gets to about a month before the date I'll ask my HD to cut my hair with them in and then they'll be the right length for the day. My hair falls out when I get stressed, not to the point I'm bald, but when I've just washed my hair I can see my shiny scalp under my fringe. Not nice, I'm only 25!!! As far as volume rather than length goes, I think you just have a few layers of them in, I'm going for about three I think mostly around the top and middle , I dont think I'll need it for the bottom. Are you having your hair up or down?

• JellyBellyBride
    Beginner December 2014
    JellyBellyBride ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on having a side bun. But I just don't have enough hair to create a decent sized bun so I need to fake it! That's a really good idea about getting the hair dresser to cut them at the same time as your hair. Have you ever worn them? I'm a bit concerned about them slipping or falling out as my hair is so soft!

I know what you mean about stress levels affecting your hair, I think when you don't have an awful lot to start with then it makes such a difference when just a little bit falls out. mines only just getting back to normal after I went on a low carb diet last year which seemed to affect my hair quite dramatically.

• MischiefMumma
    Beginner August 2014
    MischiefMumma ·
    • Hide content

Dont say that, Im on a low carb diet now!!! I havent but one of my friends wears them all the time, although she has thick hair I think its the same, they've got snap grips on them as apposed to just grips so they'll actually clip onto the hair, as long as you dont pull them out or sleep in them I dont think they'll do any damage.

?

• JellyBellyBride
    Beginner December 2014
    JellyBellyBride ·
    • Hide content

As long as it gets me through the day I'll be happy!

I'm putting it down to the low carb diet as that's the only thing I could think of that changed at that time. Although I know plenty of other people who have done low carb without suffering in that way so perhaps I just had a bad hair phase! I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck with the diet Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics