Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

critter1066
Beginner September 2015

Clutch and wrist corsage instead of BM bouquets, opinions please

critter1066, 26 of April of 2015 at 11:45 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi ladies, I'd love your opinion please on whether to get my two bridesmaids a nice clutch bag with a wrist corsage rather than a bouquet. Our colours are black with touches of peachy/coral. I've already got their dresses which are black, and my flowers ordered which will be white and peach roses with gyp. I was planning on getting silk white rose bouquets for them but am now liking the idea of giving them something they can use again and also it's a little different. I've found a nice coral clutch bag in New Look so thought they'd still have something to hold as they walk down the aisle and in photos and then perhaps a white rose wrist corsage to tie in with my flowers. Do you think that would look nice or a bit odd? We are having a civil ceremony at a country house. Thank you!

8 replies

Latest activity by Teal, 3 of May of 2015 at 16:36
  • C
    Rockstar August 2013
    cherrybloom ·
    • Hide content

Lovely idea, if I don't say so myself, I had wrist corsages as my main thought was what would they do with the bouquet after the ceremony, just walking around with it and leaving it or something! I had orchid ones, with snap wrist bands which although lovely I wouldn't recommend as they are very delicate, what I would recommend is a more robust flower like a rose or fake flowers. They will then last all day! Just a thought

My florist did mine but I think you can get faux ones on Esty

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

My mum and nanna had wrist corsages and they looked lovely. I think of that's what you wanna do then why not? Couple of examples:

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Wrist corsages are lovely. I love the look and the fact it's something a little different.

The only thing i'd say is that sometimes they can take a bit of a beating! If they're made using quite delicate flowers, sometimes they can be knocked off/damaged quite early on in the day. So if you're hoping for them to last a while, perhaps look into flowers that are a little hardier, or perhaps artificial?

It's a shame when flowers are falling off or squished before even leaving for the ceremony ☹️

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like a lovely idea. Wouldn't look odd at all! If it's what you want, go for it.

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

If you do then I woulld recommend using artificial flowers. I had one for me sisters wedding and it didn't make it to the photos. They can be quite delicately made and aren't a good mix with clumsy bridesmaids.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    McHelenz ·
    • Hide content

We are having wrist corsages for the Bridesmaids, mainly because it saved a bit of money and thought it would mean more freedom for them Smiley smile

• critter1066
    Beginner September 2015
    critter1066 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all so much, really is appreciated Smiley smile I think it's a goer then! Great advice about using silk/artificial so they don't get too manky.

• Fairytales19
    Beginner September 2015
    Fairytales19 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They look really pretty! I haven't ever really looked at wrist corsages before.. they are cute

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Its a great idea. Saves you money and they can use the purse again afterwards. I'm sure a florist HIB can recommend a hardier fresh flower, or as other said, use artificial flowers. You could use a black ribbon or feather to tie in with the theme. I'd recommend they all have a manicure before the big day, because their hands will be in close up photos to capture the corsage.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics