Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

C'mon then, let's see your wedding rings!

25 of April of 2013 at 21:50 Posted on Planning 1 27

Me and OH are going to look around jewellers this weekend for wedding bands, and I'm pretty certain we'll just be going for plain bands with engraving on the inside (and I may have a diamond if our budget can stretch to it Smiley tongue)

I'd love to see some of your rings!

27 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 21 of April of 2021 at 11:59
  • venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

I absolutely love my rings. My ER is a hearts on fire solitaire, and even though the ring is tiny compared to most of my friends and family's rings I don't care at all, as it's gorgeous! We had tentatively set our budget for wedding bands at £1500 for the both of them, as I wanted a half eternity, but then we ended up using a jeweller friend of my brother in law in NYC and got them DIRT CHEAP! I think our two rings together cost about £500, and mine has great quality diamonds in it. The only issue is that they're white gold, while my ER is platinum, so it might get a bit battered sitting next to it.

ETA Ant's ring is a plain 3mm band, quite thin and rounded for comfort.

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

Any excuse, I love my wedding ring!

Pits engraved to match my antique engagement ring and although its not exactly the same, I think it's an awesome match Smiley smile

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

We're off shopping for ours tomorrow and hopefully this is what I'll be getting

My engagement ring "shoulders are heart shaped so this ties in nicely.

My other option is this

but i'm not sure if it's too quirky and I'm too old for it!

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

My mum wasn't too happy at first with my choice of ring as she felt it looked too much like an eternity ring. But I felt like it flattered my engagement ring perfectly, and it is me who has to wear it for the rest of my life so I'm going to go for it! Smiley smile

• minimorecambe
    Beginner August 2013
    minimorecambe ·
    • Hide content

This is mine ?

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

this is mine. I don't have a pic of it with my engagement ring at the moment since I'm posting on my tablet, but the e-ring is 1st solitaire with diamond shoulders. They are very different rings but look great together.

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Thank you. From the moment I saw it in a wedding magazine advert, I knew it was what I wanted!

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content

H & I have these:

• A
    Beginner December 2013
    Amaranth ·
    • Hide content

My partner hasn't decided if she wants a ring or not- she's not a jewellery person in the slightest- but we've ordered mine. And I'm madly in love with it. I don't have an engagement ring, so I wanted something that could stand out on its own, that didn't involve diamonds (ethical concerns), and that fitted my general vintage-y style. This is what I wound up with:

I'll need to buy a solid silver band for work, too; too many grooves for clinical work. But I just love the ring. So much.

• M
    Beginner October 2013
    MrsM*LZ ·
    • Hide content

My engagement ring - picked by OH - currently back in the jewellers being engraved with engagement date :-)

My gorgeous wedding ring engraved on inside with OH name and wedding date!

OH's gorgeous wedding ring engraved on inside with my name and wedding date!

• Linz160
    Beginner November 2013
    Linz160 ·
    • Hide content

Some beautiful rings! I'd be keen to see more alongside more unusually shaped engagement rings. I'm not sure if even a shaped band would look right sitting next to mine ...

There isn't room for it to sit under, so would need to either have a cut out or shape round.

• Stacey_S
    Beginner June 2013
    Stacey_S ·
    • Hide content

This is mine, funny shaped to fit around my engagement ring.

• Linz160
    Beginner November 2013
    Linz160 ·
    • Hide content

Stacey do you have any pics of the two together on?

• Stacey_S
    Beginner June 2013
    Stacey_S ·
    • Hide content

No I don't ☹️ I haven't picked it up yet. I only have the design that they did for me. I'm getting it from Alba Rose.

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

H.Samuel titanium band for my partner and second hand 9ct white gold wishbone for me Smiley smile

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

Awwww I love the matching rings Smiley smile my OH wont wear yellow gold so we can't match Smiley sad

• chloe24
    Beginner June 2014
    chloe24 ·
    • Hide content

I wanted to get something plain with s few diamonds and ended up falling in love with a very bling ring! Lol.

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for the rubbish pics! Both ours are white gold and from Argos! Oh's is a plain 6mm band (£100) which I am having engraved inside.

Mine has 19 lovely square and rectangular diamonds in it- far nicer in real life and very sparkly! I got it in the sale for £125

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Mine is very plain and very simple...

OH has a 4mm palladium plain band.

• Longtimecoming
    Beginner August 2013
    Longtimecoming ·
    • Hide content

This is the ring I want with my engagement ring... Still waiting to go order it though Smiley sad

• Jen_P
    Dedicated August 2013
    Jen_P ·
    • Hide content

Mine Smiley smile Not the best pic but its the only one I took before OH hid them away. Just a simple plain platinum band. OH's is the same but thicker.

• Sara.Head
    Beginner June 2014
    Sara.Head ·
    • Hide content

This is my wedding ring set Smiley smile

Me and OH have rings which when put together are engraved in the middle

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Sorry- ultra dull over here -

though whatever you chose you have to be 100% on. I am actually on my second wedding ring as I decoded that I diddnt like my first one...that was an awkward conversation to have with MrMini that was for sure.

• Piestar
    Beginner April 2014
    Piestar ·
    • Hide content

Got a wore back today from a local jewellers add I wanted a ring with stars on because I love them. My engagement ring is platinum, and sadly the platinum ring is too expensive at £1250. A palladium will cost £700. These are 3mm. She's being quotes for a 4mm in palladium and also silver as obviously it's cheaper. My engagement ring will wear the wedding ring down a bit, but it will over many years. I've worn my engagement ring with a silver eternity ring for 5 years and it hasn't really touched it from what I can see. Maybe I should just have plain, but I really like the design I saw. Anyone else had any made/designed? X

• mrs o-)
    Beginner August 2013
    mrs o-) ·
    • Hide content

this is mine and cant wait to wear it xx

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content

These are the rings we have on order

• C
    Beginner April 2022 Nottinghamshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I have gone for a twist ring in white gold from an ethical jewellers called Jewellers Loupe in Leeds, Yorkshire: https://www.jewellersloupe.co.uk/

C'mon then, let's see your wedding rings! 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics