Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner July 2005

Cocktail recipes and lime question

Jools73, 9 July, 2009 at 21:20 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 6

Instead of going out this weekend (and spending a firtune!!)some friends are coming over and we're having a cocktail party.

So first question, what's your favourite cocktail?

Second, what food could I do?

And C, I want to make a sour mix, I've found a recipe: equal parts water, sugar, lemon juice and lime juice. Would I need to use fresh lime/lemon juice or could I use jif?

TA!

6 replies

Latest activity by Tulip O`Hare, 10 July, 2009 at 08:00
  • Stargazerlily2626
    Beginner
    Stargazerlily2626 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a sucker for a cosmopoliton and I also like a good mohito.

I would definitely use fresh lemon/lime juice

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

I love mojitos and caipirinhas. I would definitely use fresh juice, I don't think jif lemon is going to cut it really. ?

Food, umm, I would do salty nibbly things like olives, blinis, cheese straws etc.

• J
    Beginner July 2005
    Jools73 ·
    • Hide content

Yep, Cosmo's are def on the list. Never heard of a caipirinha, will google it now!!

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

I love sex on the beach, woo woo, anything cherry/almond like and something I used to drink all the time that I can't remember the name of ? damn pregnancy brain!

Crushed ice is nicer than normal ice too if you have a blender that will crush

• Tillybean
    Tillybean ·
    • Hide content

I always make up a vat of cosmo mix and put it in the freezer to chill - cointreau, vodka, fresh lime juice. When I am ready, I shake some of the mix with cranberry juice and pour.

My other standard one is Brandy Alexander - brandy, creme de cacoa, cream and a fresh grating of nutmeg. Yum.

• Tulip O`Hare
    Beginner
    Tulip O`Hare ·
    • Hide content

Mojitos do it for me every time, but if you're going to make them, try and get hold of some Havana Club instead of Bacardi.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics