Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

yes2011
Beginner

Color scheme - are there turquoise flowers?

yes2011, 5 February, 2011 at 22:37 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all,

have you ever seen wedding flowers that are turquoise? Would that work as a color scheme? Tulips are my favourite flowers in general.

I'm also a bit concerned because part of the venue (sit-down meal) is dark green and I'm not sure if that goes with a dark turquoise...

And does anyone know a website for color matching or the like?

Many thanks!

Anja

5 replies

Latest activity by yes2011, 7 February, 2011 at 17:31
  • NickiK
    Beginner April 2012
    NickiK ·
    • Hide content

I was asking a florist today about whether there are Tiffany blue flowers, as I'm toying with that as a colour scheme - she said no, unless you want to include artificial flowers, but she suggested you could put some beads or pearls through the bouquets to bring in the colour, or just use ribbon the right colour

• Dilly2012
    Beginner August 2012
    Dilly2012 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

My florsit will be one of my bridesmaids Mum and she has said not to worry if I can't find the exact colour as some flowers can be dyed! She said some florists dunk the flower heads in the dye but that the colour ends up everywhere by the end of the day and what she'll do is pop the flowers in water colored with the right colour dye and do it that way. It's something I think I need to look into more before I go with!

Hope that helps. x

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

My scheme is turquoise which was initially inspired by these orchids...

They are really common in American weddings but are grown in Thailand. Couldn't find any suppliers over here and also thought the dye would run.

So I am keeping with the orchid theme and having cream and green ones with turquoise ribbon on the handles.

• yes2011
    Beginner
    yes2011 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for these ideas, especially with the ribbon and the coloring. I am not sure how much I'd like artifical flowers. I found three pics on the internet that are also nice solutions. They show a ribbon and some voil, too. I think the pics are more beachy blue but I could do the same with turquoise.

If anyone has more pics or ideas - I'd love to hear it Smiley smile

Thanks

Anja

• *Marmite*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Marmite* ·
    • Hide content

How about having mostly fresh flowers and then just adding a few artificial ones in your colour?

• yes2011
    Beginner
    yes2011 ·
    • Hide content

Good idea!!! Thank you all, nice to see that with a little creativity I can actually go with exactly the color scheme I wanted...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics