Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Allgold78
Beginner October 2011

Colour change - now I'm stuck!

Allgold78, 29 of July of 2010 at 09:24 Posted on Planning 0 6

I was going to have purple and silver but now I've picked my dress I'm not sure! I think it'll be too dark so I'm considering just silver. Problem is that I don't know what to do for centrepeices. It's going to be october so I don't want it looking too christmassy, and i don't want fishbowls. Any other suggestions for me ladies??

6 replies

Latest activity by enelya, 29 of July of 2010 at 11:07
  • GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

What colour flowers were you having when you were having the purple scheme? Could you not stick with the purple colours and use purples for the flowers?? That way you're still getting the colours you want...

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

I haven't chosen the flowers yet. There would have been some purple in them though. That's not such a bad idea. Maybe I could swap them round and have silver with purple accents, rather than purple with silver accents. Oh this is so difficult!!!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

What about something incorporating the Silver:

Or just a hint of Purple:

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Have you chosen your bridesmaid dresses yet? I would wait and see what coiour you chose for them first, then just see what flowers you like for your bouquet and take it from there. Though it depends how matching you want everything to be.

I think the purple accents will look fab - very striking!

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Sherrie, I like the look of the purple in the second one. Maybe that's a better option than solid purple that I was originally going for.

GB, no I haven't chosen them yet. I did have my heart set on purple but this is what I'm now reconsidering. Looking at Sherrie's pics though I'm moving towards the purple accents too.

• E
    Beginner September 2010
    enelya ·
    • Hide content

I'm having dark blue and silver as my theme, so has similar concerns. Our centrepieces are matt silver plates with church candles, and small bunches of silk flowers tucked between the candles. I was initially concerned that it would look too christmassy, but the white and blue flowers def make it look like a wedding centre piece not a Xmas decoration.

I can flash my practice one tonight if you want.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics