Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner July 2012

Colour match stress!

Wherts2b, 23 November, 2011 at 10:38 Posted on Planning 0 6

Our colour scheme is predominately peach but I can't seem to get matching shades for different things and wondering whether it really matters?

Also, is it ok to mix white and ivory? Our place card names & table numbers are white, but the table linen will be ivory and so is my dress.

6 replies

Latest activity by Purple Pixie, 28 November, 2011 at 09:13
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

It doesn't matter at all, you can mix all shades of Peach/Coral/Ivory , that way it picks up on the deatils rather than all being the same shade where it tends to blend into one. Here are some ideas:

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

I love peach! I am having all white with green foliage in flowers, but if I wasn't I would definitely go for peach...I think peach and ivory and white is a gorgeous scheme, very dreamy!

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Stop stressing. I had purple and fushia for my wedding and none of it matched exactly. No one noticed or cared :-)

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it matters if you have slightly different shades. I have sage green dresses for my bridesmaids but have yet to find anything else like ribbon etc in sage green. I'm thinking of just using a different range of greens instead.

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies ? feel better now as I know peach can be a bit wishy washy so at least with bringing in different shades it does pick out the details as you say! xx

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I was originally very much of the 'everything must match exactly' mindset but having played around with fabrics and things I've come to realise that different shades actually help to bring the colour alive.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics