Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2018

Colour scheme

ShellyN, 10 of April of 2013 at 17:41 Posted on Planning 0 14

What is everyones colour scheme. We are renewing our vows at Ibrox stadium so we are having blue & white with hints of the Rangers tartan. We were going to do red white & blue as this is the team colours but the venue suits have red in them so just gone with blue & white xx

14 replies

Latest activity by Annie86, 11 of April of 2013 at 09:41
  • flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

We are having yellow and cornflower blue. Blue and white works well too.

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

We're having pink and blue vintage theme. Very jealous of Ibrox Stadium, would have loved to have mine there!

• germaki
    Beginner October 2013
    germaki ·
    • Hide content

Ours was originally sage green but after deciding to wear my grandmother earrings which are a sapphire/royal blue we've decided to go with that colour!

• Polkadots_and_Pincurls
    Beginner June 2015
    Polkadots_and_Pincurls ·
    • Hide content

Black and white polka dot with splashes of red Smiley smile

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content

Red & Ivory with a woodland twist ?

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

?

I wanted 2 complementary colours, different shades, etc. We chose it based upon the colours of the venue as well, which used to have dark red curtains. They've been changed, though, but luckily they're green Smiley smile

I like blue and white together! Having an accent shade would be good, though, like pink or yellow (or the red you mentioned!). Just put little touches of the red it, like these:

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

Black and White (though more ivory - because my dress is ivory and white would make it look 'dingy')

• A
    Beginner December 2013
    Amaranth ·
    • Hide content

Fellow Glaswegian here, hello!

We're getting married in Pollokshields Burgh Hall, and aren't really planning on a specific "colour scheme", but just choosing whatever we like that won't clash too badly with the decor. Partner wants "TARDIS blue" included, which is fitting enough for the decor and the fact it's a winter wedding, but we'll probably include creams and bronze tones. I'm making our bouquets out of paper (hooray for being crafty!), and they'll be bright and multicoloured.

Basically, anything-and-everything for our colour scheme!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Blue and White with tartan is quite popular for Scottish weddings and I've just finished one last week. This was a Black Watch tartan though:-

The flowers used above are roses with forget-me-nots and are all artificial flowers. Darker blue artificial flowers are also quite popular at the moment. This is roses with hydrangea:-

• M
    Beginner July 2013
    minuet ·
    • Hide content

We are having midnight blue with hints of bright fuschia pink and raspberry brought through in the bridesmaids and venue flowers:

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

We've just chosen a few colours that mix and match ok with each other and are going for that (though I wouldn't rule out a complete change half way through the planning!) our colours are purple, blue and silver

• germini1991
    Beginner August 2014
    germini1991 ·
    • Hide content

I am going to have a red themed wedding! WOW~~~~

This is my red wedding dress, I love it! ?

• V
    Beginner September 2016
    villachick1972 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

well i have kept on changing my mind since getting engaged and with another two years to go but I have chosen this now as our colour scheme. BM's will be in the Bordeaux colour with orange flowers for me and the bridal party. ivory will be used in my dress and tableclothes and orange/red etc flowers for centrepeices

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

After shooting a yellow themed wedding Saturday, I was blown away. This is going to look amazing.

Everyone has picked lovely colour schemes here!

• A
    Beginner March 2014
    Annie86 ·
    • Hide content

We decided on claret and blue (Hubbie to be is a massive West Ham fan!) although the claret is more burgandy as it was a nightmare finding bridesmaid dresses at reasonable prices in claret!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics