Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner

Colour scheme ideas for an xmas wedding?

kentishbride, 21 July, 2009 at 13:58 Posted on Planning 0 28

I need your help and imagination guys! After looking and dismissing the cruise ship wedding for various reasons when we looked into it, we have decided to get married ashore.

I have always wanted an xmas wedding but H2B not too keen - however he has suggested this and I am hoping to convince him this wil be a god idea before he changes his mind lol.

We have in mind a ceremony at 430ish and then everyone to thee evening venue for photos, an arrival drink and cake cutting/speeches before the evening guests arrive at 730 and evening kicks off. This will lower cost due to no sit down meal and means we can have more family at ceremony. Trouble is - i'm stuck on colours. The obvious oe that pops into my head is red but for some reason i'm not keen. I love all things classic and elegant and was thinking maybe black and white - but wondered if this could look too dark in december? What colours would you cloose or have you seen/can picture that fit with this?

Thanks ladies x

28 replies

Latest activity by RebeccaFrewer, 22 July, 2009 at 13:30
  • Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

How about black, whiite and gold?

I'm having black and white for my colours but having my flower girls in gold for the same reasons as you're thinking - they may look too dark.

Or is this still too 'Christmassy?' x

• M
    Beginner September 2007
    MrsKitty ·
    • Hide content

Christmas weddings are magical! I once saw a wedding in a mag where the colours were midnight blue, white and a touch of silver for sparkle, it looked stunning! I thought it was a very elegant take on a winter theme.

I also like midnight blue and ivory, its look very elegant.

• K
    Beginner
    kentishbride ·
    • Hide content

LOL - no its not too christmassy -i want it to be festive - just not red - no offence to anyone having red at xmas.

Is your H2B wearing a black suit - mine thinks he will look like he is going to a funeral in a black suit - i told him in a way he will be lol

Loving the colour idea. What flowers are you having? x

• Mrs G x
    Beginner September 2009
    Mrs G x ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ooh yeah i think adding a bit of gold would be great nice and christmassy but not to over the top!

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

White, silver and pale blue.....very classy. (Think walking in the snow!)

I'll try and find some picies...

x

• K
    Beginner
    kentishbride ·
    • Hide content

Hi MrsKitty

You may actually get to make some wedding invites for me in the near future lol.

I love blue - my bro is getting married in september and his theme is blue - its more a turquoise though - so thats something to think about.

Just another something for those having a black and white theme - do you worry that you're BMs may blend in with the guests as loads of guests wear black and white to a wedding. Im having my daughter and want her to stand out x

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Yep, he's wearing a black suit and black waistcoat with a gold tie if we do go for gold flower girls dresses. It's a Jack Bunney's suit - the one one the far right shown with the gold tie. Not the best pic but Bespoke Taylor on here is from Jack Bunneys and may be able to provide a better one!

No flowers though! Think I must be the only one here having a wedding with no flowers! x

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

x

• K
    Beginner
    kentishbride ·
    • Hide content

That suit is gorgeous - H2B is dark and would look totally gorg in that suit!

When are you getting married? We are loking at 2011 x

• K
    Beginner
    kentishbride ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kirsty

I think the reason I am not too keen on red is that we were planning a wedding for next spring and red was our colour. We had to call it off for our relationship was suffering due to stress so I guess I am loathe to use the colour scheme for that now.

What year and date have you gone for? I love xmas - its always been my fave time of year. x

• K
    Beginner
    kentishbride ·
    • Hide content

OOH la la

Loving the pics - im going to have to stay away from light blue i think though as my bro gets married in 6 weks and his colour scheme is the exact blue in those pics. Liking the thought of navy/midnight blue though ......

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married in just over a year - next August.

My H2B is quite dark as well - can't wait to see him all suited and booted in the suit!

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Ok......some silver, white and navy blue...

I know that this is the wrong blue....but this would be nice in all white....

• K
    Beginner
    kentishbride ·
    • Hide content

I love those navy dresses - you are a star!

Keep those suggestions coming guys - i love them.

What about a green - maybe a dark hunter green?

• AussieBride
    Beginner August 2009
    AussieBride ·
    • Hide content

Found some images on Google ? :

Apologies if these come out huge! xxx

• H
    Beginner December 2009
    happy&stressed ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Ours is new year so just after xmas we are having ivory, monochrome silver and midnight blue My dress is ivory but got midnight blue on it (its on the dress flash thread). I thought with it being that time of year i could get away with adding a colour to dress. My flower girls in ivory and bigger bridesmaids in Midnight blue The flower girls are going to sprinkle silver sparkles instead of petals. Table centres are going to be goldfish bowl type with gel and blue lights inside it, so it looks like blue ice with a blue gerbera and silver leafy thing. Chair covers and table runners are midnight blue. My first idea was to go with a rich purple and gold, but seeing my dress i just fell in love with it so it had to be blue.

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Happy&stressed - may I ask what "monochrome silver" is, because I'm curious.

x

• H
    Beginner December 2009
    happy&stressed ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

Its shiny silver, looks a bit like chrome, you see your reflection in it. The wedding manager at our venue suggested it. I think its generally just for the sparkles on the floor and a few scattered on tables.

Also forgot to put on my post that H2b and wedding party are wearing slate grey prince edward style suits as he didnt want to wear black. I cant wait also to see my two sons dressed up to the nines x

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Ahhhhh! How bizarre! I've never, ever heard of it......obviously I know what monochrome is and what silver is, but I'd never heard of "Monochrome silver".

x

• AussieBride
    Beginner August 2009
    AussieBride ·
    • Hide content

Some bridesmaid colour ideas ? :

• K
    Beginner
    kentishbride ·
    • Hide content

I would have loved to get married that near to xmas but it appears that where I live most places wont do wedding receptions because they do xmas parties instead. means we may have to look at end of november instead.

Is that to early for an xmassy wedding do you think? Even if it was a subtle theme?

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

Black and white looks classy and elegant at any time of year, but my personal favourite for a Christmas wedding is winter whites with icy blues and silver.

• K
    Beginner
    kentishbride ·
    • Hide content

Pretty much anywhere will give us a wedding in november with the xmas tree already up - but i really want december lol.

We are waiting on an email back from a fort in the same town as us. You can get married in a 17th century Napolionoc fort - actually in the tunnels that are lit by 800 tealights. You can have a marquee for the wed reception or have that down the tunnels too. Might have to think about heating though so need to ask about that. We are thinking of a late ceremony - pics and post ceremony drink - cake cut and speeches then when eve guests arrive a kinda hog roast/carvery. A slant on xmas dinner lol. We can get our own caterers in so that isnt a problem. If you google Fort Amherst chatham you can see the wedding pics - looks amazing x

• R
    Beginner January 2008
    RebeccaFrewer ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kentish Bride

I myself am also a kent bride and I got married at Christmas last year. At cooling Castle, have you looked there?

Happy to share any tips or questions you might have. Our theme was hunter green and silver :o)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics