Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner April 2023 South West London

Colour schemes

Nicola, 7 of August of 2020 at 12:52 Posted on Planning 0 3
Good afternoon,

This is my first ever post. We have Finally set a wedding date ? but how on earth do you come up with your colour scheme?? We are getting Married in August so will be a summer wedding and I love the pastel colours but I also love the colour Teal and grey/silver as does my fiancée.
How did you all decide on your colour scheme and what colours are you having?

3 replies

Latest activity by Nicola, 9 of August of 2020 at 08:51
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Firstly, congratulations!

Go with what you both like. You don't have to be a slave to the time of year, but just bear in mind that if you are having flowers, seasonally/locally available will always work out better value. Other than that, I do LOVE your teal/grey/silver combo, sounds amazing! It will really stand out and make your wedding so much more memorable, for all the right reasons!

We're getting married mid September next year, and initially thought of going with the traditional seasonal colours, but sometimes mid September is more summery than autumnal, so in the end we plumped for a vintage romance theme (we're older!!!) so it's all muted shades of dusty pink, sage, cream, steely blue-grey etc, so there is no one dominant colour, with bright copper metallics thrown in, plenty of lace and texture. I hope it works!

Your wedding is a reflection of you as a couple, so do what you like, and let your personalities shine through!

Ali xx

• MrsW
    Dedicated May 2022 South West London
    MrsW ·
    • Hide content

Broadly, I think you should choose colours you both like.

My fiancé and I are having pink and white with a touch of blue for my May wedding. Mostly, because I like pink, but also because it is easy to work with as it doesn't clash with different shades of itself i.e it doesn't matter if bridesmaids dresses/flowers/other decorations aren't exactly the same shade. He is wearing his RAF uniform, which was also a factor in the colour choice.

A few things you might want to consider:

1. Are there any particular flowers you really want to have? If so, it is worth seeing (a) whether they are in season and (b) what colours they come in. If you feel really strongly about a particular flower you might want to check that it will go (or contrast in a good way) with your colour scheme.

2. Who are your bridesmaids and what is their complexion/hair colour like? Yes, the wedding is about you and what you like, but if you want them to feel confident in their dresses, there might be some colours that you decide to stay clear of (for example, although I am having pink, I stayed clear of pale/baby pink for the dresses because my sister and I thought she would look washed out in it).

• N
    Beginner April 2023 South West London
    Nicola ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for replying, I hadn’t even taken the flowers into consideration while deciding on colours so thank you.

I think I’ll have a look around at the flowers and go from there.
    I didn’t realise how much there was to think about when planning a wedding xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics