Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KateyP
Beginner February 2010

Colour schemes...or lack thereof!

KateyP, 16 February, 2011 at 15:33 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi!

I'm really struggling with a colour scheme for my Feb 2012 wedding. At first, I refused to have one. I decided on black BM dresses and to keep it as simple as poss, white dress for me, dark suit for him, lots of candles.

Well I'm starting to change my mind! Although I'm personally not a fan of very bold / bright colours at weddings, I know that i'm going to have to inject some colour somewhere or else it will either be too white and bland (and cold..it's going to be winter still!) or too much black will look gothic.

Do we have any fellow winter / early spring brides, and would you care to share your colour scheme? My venue is very beautiful and decorated in neutral colours so that's a good start!

Thanks all xxx

5 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 16 February, 2011 at 16:27
  • WhiteRose84
    Beginner
    WhiteRose84 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is black, white and red.

Me in white, H2B in black (red tie) and BM in black and white with red sash/bows..! xx

Good luck!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

You could still have the black dresses but use an additional colour with the white such as red, yellow, hot pink or lime greens with whites. This is one of my clients who had black bridesmaid dresses recently (late December wedding after Xmas) and she chose vintage pink and taupe which was quite unusual but worked well:-

• KateyP
    Beginner February 2010
    KateyP ·
    • Hide content

That is lovely!!

I think I like the idea of green, do you have any inspiring pics for white and green flowers / scheme?

Thanks again x

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

I think i would use something like hot pink.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

All mine are artificial flowers but your florist could easily make these in fresh flowers for you.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

How about a fresh Spring colour like Lime

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics