Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner August 2015

Colourful wedding

Flowerpotpiebride, 26 of April of 2014 at 23:22 Posted on Planning 0 16

I'm new here. Just starting to plan my wedding and am thinking about different coloured bright pastels instead of just one colour. Am thinking perhaps 4 colours but can't decide on which ones compliment each other. Any ideas? Also do you think this would be hard to match for table decor etc? Thanks

16 replies

Latest activity by LucyLastic, 29 of April of 2014 at 07:49
  • O
    Beginner September 2014
    owlalice ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't worry too much about what compliments each other, as most shades of pastels go well with each other, and if you're having 4, even better!

Also, we're having bright blue, red and yellow, which I don't think compliments each other, but we went with what we liked, and its coming together nicely! Smiley smile

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Lots of people mix & match and it looks lovely Smiley smile Table decor and things like that shouldn't be any bother either as shown in previous post.

I love when people mix colours up a bit!

• snow bride
    Beginner June 2016
    snow bride ·
    • Hide content

Oooh I'm thinking of this! Vintage style pastel purple, yellow, green and blue work well together :-)

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Here is a bright contrasting mixed one.

And some pastels, homemade vintage bunting,

Pastel mix flowers.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Have a look on Pinterest for some mixed colour inspiration. Multi coloured weddings are hugely popular now. I've done a fuchsia, yellow and turquoise wedding and also red,orange and purple, a royal blue, yellow, hot pink and red. With these weddings, 2 of them had bridesmaids in multi coloured dresses on a white background and one Bride had each bridesmaid in a different colour. Two of them were Hitcher's weddings.

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

A mixed pastels bouquet I shot recently, I think it works BEAUTIFULLY. (How do you get it to stop squashing itself?! Here's the original and no stretched photo https://www.pinterest.com/pin/538672805402865895/ )

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very nice Bill, I think I have a few past weddings where they were mixed like that but they are stored up in London.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not sure why it stretched the photo like that but I now just upload through Hitched instead of linking the image because linking a image seems to do funny things to it like you have found.

• F
    Beginner August 2015
    Flowerpotpiebride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone. Some great ideas. Will have a look on Pinterest, hadn't thought of that but did think of a trip to b&q! Am thinking perhaps, pink, lilac, green and yellow and might not stick to the pastels, might go for brights instead! Just been to venue and paid deposit so it's all booked properly now. :-)

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I'm going for a similar thing. The colours I'm pretty sure we'll be using are: lilac, pale pink, mint, and pale blue, with a touch of cream or ivory.

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

Not sure I can help much, other than say I searched Pinterest for ideas at the beginning and had my heart set on multicolours so I say go go go!!!

the one reason I didn't was because it was too much effort trying to argue with both best friend and mother! Lol so I just picked 2 I liked best, but I really like them :-) xxx

• T
    Beginner May 2015
    Tinkerbellkirst ·
    • Hide content

We are also doing this Smiley smile I was too indecisive to pick one colour so decided to do all of them. Thinking pastel yellow, blue, green, pink/peach is what I am having. Such less limiting and pinterest has some great ideas, i have a whole board full of them! Smiley smile

• F
    Beginner August 2015
    Flowerpotpiebride ·
    • Hide content

After so much encouragment am definitely going for a few colours. I will have two 6 year old bridesmaids and one adult bridesmaid. Do you think they should all be in different colours, even the kids? Notice a lot of child dresses are white but this might interfere with colour scheme!

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    LucyLastic ·
    • Hide content

Look on Monsoon for flowergirl dresses, they have lots of pretty colours at the moment x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics