Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2012

Colours & Bridesmaids - September

sheree_heptinstall, 7 March, 2011 at 13:32 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hey all!

Planning our wedding for september 2012, and just getting to grips with colours chemes for bridesmaids. I have 5 (potentially 6) bridesmaids ageing from 13 to 31, so I'm stuck for some dress styles that will suit.

We're thinking for the 1st September, so summer days will still be with us - just asking whether you lot have any good ideas, or photos of september weddings, and suitable colours. and also any ideas for bridesmaids.

hope you can help x

4 replies

Latest activity by Little Rhi, 7 March, 2011 at 19:17
  • T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Thats a lot of sizes and shapes and ages to dress! I'd either pick 1 colour, and either have all the same dress, or completely different styles but the same colour. OR have the same dress but different colours.

For example, autum hues with dresses ranging from yellows, oranges through to reds. Or all hues of the same colour- all shades or green, blue, purple etc

If you go with different dress styles, at least people can compliment their own figure without being a one size fit all shaped dress.

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

I would say do whatever colours you like!

I am getting married in September this year and our colours will be a light sage green and pink, but we are not having a strict strict colour scheme, as long as it all goes I am fine. The BMs are wearing floral 5os dresses (not got them yet) and will make sure they don't clash with the green and pink (my dress will have a sage green sash and pale pink petticoat see).

I wouldn't pay much attention to what is or isn't a September colour. Think about your fave flowers and your fave colours and go from there...

• L
    Beginner June 2011
    little_miss ·
    • Hide content

Not sure about colours but I have four bridesmaids and there are two body shapes within that. I have got my dresses made so the colour is the same but the styles are slightly different so the dresses suit each bridesmaid. I would do something like that.

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    Little Rhi ·
    • Hide content

Hey there,

we are getting married 1st September 2012 ? we are having dark purple. I have been thinking along the lines of long dresses for my two older bridesmaids and a slightly shorter one for my younger one (a bit more princessy as she is a realy girly girl!!)

i think the styles will be a bit more down to what looks nice on the girls aslong as they are elegant but i do quite like sweetheart shaped tops.

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics