Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kriistiina
Beginner June 2024 Wiltshire

Communication

Kriistiina, 28 of March of 2023 at 08:36 Posted on Planning 0 4
Our venue in mind is taking a week to reply to each email and it’s increasingly frustrating. (Today is day 8 since we have emailed them back). Is this normal?

I’ve started looking at other venues now because I feel like its not being taken seriously, our potential date is June 2024. In the grand scheme of weddings, that isn’t that long. We have a photographer in mind who has deals expiring, I’ve seen a good bundle of pre-owned flowers that might get snapped up.
Feeling a bit deflated. Thanks x

4 replies

Latest activity by Arun, 4 of April of 2023 at 18:09
  • K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

In my experience if the communication is bad and your gut feeling is saying go somewhere else, then do it. It isn't peak season at the moment and if they are taking this long to reply now, it will only get worse. My venue take a day max to reply to my emails, I usually get a response the same day. Taking 8 days to respond to someone is a big red flag for me. It would make me question if they are understaffed and/or spreading themselves too thin.

I had an issue with my florist with poor communication. She took 3 months to send me my invoice, even with multiple chasing emails. Her communication and attention to customers, was poor at best. I ended up cancelling with her and going with someone else. I am only 2 months away from my wedding date and I didn't want the added stress of having a supplier who wasn't responding. My new florist is 10x better and I am so happy I changed. I know it can be worrisome changing things, but don't ignore your gut feelings. If you are questioning them now, this is unlikely to change.

Is there somewhere else you like that you could enquire with?

• Kriistiina
    Beginner June 2024 Wiltshire
    Kriistiina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is actually such a good point that we’re out of season and this could only get worse and something I’ll bring up with my partner. It’s the only place we’ve found within budget that has a package. I don’t deal well with stress as I have a health condition and I don’t think I could manage booking stuff all individually! Thank you for your insight! Xx
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    If they are this slow before you have booked and they are still trying to win your business, I can only imagine it getting worse once they have got your money. I would suggest you keep looking for a venue.
  • J
    Beginner December 2026 Gwynedd
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    This would make me nervous too! I would definitely be re thinking as this is your big day and your spending lots of 💰 so the least they can do
    Is reply back to an email! It doesn’t matter how many brides they speak to or see during one day they should be making each one feel like they are the only one. I would be re thinking personally I want someone who’s just as excited for our day as we are!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics