Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk

Confetti

Hayley, 16 of January of 2022 at 08:07 Posted on Planning 0 29
We're getting married in a registry office inside a castle. We are hoping our guests can throw confetti on us as we walk over the bridge outside it after the ceremony. Does anyone know if we'd (I guess one of our family or bridal party) be allowed to put confetti bags on the chairs before the ceremony? Or we were thinking of having a tray of it but how would we best get it to guests?

29 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 17 of January of 2022 at 19:15
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    If the venue allows cinfettibthen am sure you could, or it may be easier to have them in a basket for peopelto grab on the way in. Our venue (also a castle) is very specific on the type of confetti and colour so check with them as to what is allowed
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Charlotte. We're allowed to scatter outside, as long as it's biodegradable. I'm thinking flower petals
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

It depends on your venue layout but you would usually come out first and then everyone else would exit and mingle for a while but it depends on how much space there is it do that or if you really wanted to do the confetti first.

If you want it first I would suggest that you exit and then "disappear" whilst the best man ETC organise people onto the bridge with confetti then you can have your walk across, but then you could do with an area the other-side of the bridge for people to say hello - congratulate for a few mins.

Little bags of confetti on the chairs would work, anything else needs to be given out as they exit the ceremony. Trays of loose confetti are problematic as it gets dropped / held for longer / clumps together. So I think your best bet is confetti cones.

Confetti 1

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, it's goot to hear from someone who has plenty of experience. With bags, I would say one per person. What about cones? Are people lielly to share a cone?
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Depends on how many people you have, if you only have 30 or so then yes one each otherwise it looks a bit rubbish. But if you have 100 guests then 50 should be enough and people do share. But I would go for cones, easy to make your own, as the bags that I mostly see are not really big enough to share.

These DIY cones are paper doilies and the ones on the bottom are brown paper cut with one of those fancy edge scissors. Or use artisanal paper and do a ripped edge.

Confetti 2

Confetti 3

Confetti 4

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Brilliant, thank you. We will likely have around 45 guests. The place we would like to purchase from have options for packaging-bags or cones, for example this is 24 cones with confetti included https://flowerconfetti.uk/collections/confetti-products/products/24-kraft-confetti-cones-with-tray
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would never want to discourage anyone from buying anything wedding industry related but would suggest that you buy bulk loose and make your own up. Its a 5 second event and the cones end up on the floor or in the bin. And if your photographer is inexperienced then you may not get the shot you envisaged anyway Smiley sexy

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay, thank you. I'm no good at making anything unfortunately but can give it a go. Just wondering how to store them for people to collect as well without the holder.
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Did you see my pictures I posted. People use wicker baskets, old wooden creates, even a cardboard box will do and they all hold themselves up when packed together. If some is giving them out then as the box gets empty they just tilt it and keep them at one end.

As for making them - its a cone Smiley smile

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha thank you.
    • Hide content

Another tip for you is to get the bigger sized confetti as it looks much better in the photos rather than the potpuri type looking versions. Bigger confetti like this.

Confetti 5

Confetti 6

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great, thank you
    • Hide content

Rather than this which is much smaller and not so good in the pictures. AND the tiny bits may well go down your front and itch all day Smiley shame

Confetti 7

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This https://flowerconfetti.uk/collections/confetti/products/purple-pink-blue-ivory-premium-confetti-1-litre over this https://flowerconfetti.uk/collections/confetti/products/classic-confetti-colourful-mix-1-litre-biodegradable-natural-petal-wedding-confetti then.
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They are not that different from each other actually and I would say they are both small. I perhaps can see that your are trying to keep to a colour scheme as there are bigger options on their site but not in those colours.

Go what's right for you as REMEMBER I am coming from a photographers point of view - bigger confetti looks better in the photos -- is easier to capture and so in turn makes me look better Smiley sexy

I actually take a note of what confetti is being used and set my camera accordingly to get the best out of it.

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. Maybe I'll give our photographer a message before ordering and see what he thinks 😊
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would hazard a guess they will think you are nuts and "what are you asking me for " . Smiley xd Smiley xd Smiley xd

• Hide content
    View quoted message

I would hazard a guess they will think you are nuts and think "what are you asking me for " . Smiley xd Smiley xd Smiley xd

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha oh well, I have asked now
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley laugh Interesting to here what they think.

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will let you know haha.

What do you think of these? https://flowerconfetti.uk/collections/confetti/products/mixed-colour-rose-petals
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Or better to go for this? https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/693225989/biodegradable-confetti-bright-rainbow?variation0=1050950342
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Here is his reply:
    "Colourful confetti definitely look the best for confetti and although petals are amazing I would say that Etsy one would look the best as you will get a lot more and they will float to the ground better so I’d say go for those and you can never have enough."
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you have to have real petals then these would be my recommendation. Nice and big.

• Hide content
    View quoted message

As for these ones- some venues interpretation of biodegradable can be different to a suppliers. Some venues will insist on petals. Just about all confetti is biodegradable apart from the shiny stuff which is plastic.

No need to get them from Canada or wherever those are from - just google tissue paper confetti in the UK and its the same stuff.

If its windy then the tissue ones are not as effective.

Personal choice on colour but those bright rainbow ones are a little OTT in my opinion unless your wedding theme is circus Smiley xd . There are loads of "softer" colours in tissue paper.

A little heads up on those really bright intense colours is a danger of staining it they get wet. I know of car suppliers who wipe it straight off the bonnet if it lands.

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks again for the advice. I didn't realise they were from Canada! I'll have a look and double check if they are allowed.
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds a bit rude now "circus" but I can not edit it so will just have to live with it Smiley atonished

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha that's okay. We are having a festival theme so... Anyway, I am guessing the CA$ is something to do with how etsy is on your device as it says dispatched from a small business in the UK.
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah I realise now it was because I was on a tablet in private window mode.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics