Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BadgerBeetle
Beginner November 2012

Confetti

BadgerBeetle, 7 August, 2012 at 20:10 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hello!

We want to give confetti out at the church - but only to the children we have attending, my Nanna (she has dementia but she is constantly asking us when we are getting married, she bursts into tears every time we tell her the date is so close so want her to have an extra special day), and maybe have a couple of bags in reserve for bridesmaids etc (just to make sure some actually gets thrown at us for photos!).

Thing is, I don't like the confetti cones (nice idea, but we are getting married in Northumberland in November - might be a bit too blustery), and I don't want to just order the bog-standard £1 each cardboard boxes of confetti as I think it would look a bit cheap/tacky to hand out at the church door...

So has anyone got any more unusual ideas?? I thought maybe getting some dried flower petals and filling up little organza bags, but I don't know how many petals I'd need and they seem quite expensive even on eBay!

Any ideas would be much appreciated! Smiley smile

Charlie xx

5 replies

Latest activity by BadgerBeetle, 7 August, 2012 at 22:39
  • Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

In the past we've seen little woven wooden baskets (guests each take a handful) which can look nice.

Pretty little buckets perhaps? I've seen them used as table decoration alot, but would suffice for confetti too if they fit your theme. Loads of colours available.

• BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content

I love the buckets, but we wanted something enclosed. Maybe I could utilize a cake box?! I'm sure I can get the glue gun out... xx

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

If you're worried about wind blowing the confetti away, you could half fill the buckets or other things?
    Or have something different, like bubbles instead? They look really pretty (lovely for the photos if they catch the sunlight) and the kids will probably love them.

Here's a quick pinterest pic as an example if you've not seen it before

Oh and you can get confetti poppers too by the way, like party poppers, but full of confetti. They're usually little tubes.

No worry about wind then Smiley smile

• BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting annoyed now because I can't find a good solution - thank you for the suggestions though Smiley smile

Who here would say paper (possibly pieces from an old book, etc), still count as biodegradable confetti?!

• BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content

I have decided to go for heart shaped organza bags that I can stuff!

BUT.

I underestimated the cost of finding something to stuff them with.

Flower petals cost a small fortune, and the problem is made worse by the fact that I have no idea how many I'd need for the amount of bags I have!!

Planning a wedding is no longer fun Smiley sad

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics