Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner June 2015

Confetti??

EXCITEDBRIDE15:), 14 of April of 2015 at 12:05 Posted on Planning 0 10

Did anyone provide confetti cones for after the ceremony?

had a couple of people say they thought people bought their own confetti to weddings but weddings I have been too no one really did! I didn't!

shall I still make confetti cones or not??

10 replies

Latest activity by TreacleTart, 15 of April of 2015 at 13:01
  • Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

If you definitely want a confetti photo, I wouldn't rely on guests to bring it as quite often at the weddings we shoot, not many people do. There usually ends up being one or two boxes to go around everyone if it is left to guests- which can look a bit sparse in photos.

Also, your venue may have specific requirements about the type of confetti you are allowed (such as real petals only) so double check this as well.

You do not need to provide cones though- usually a load in a basket or something does the job nicely.

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I think I'll provide my own - just in case people forget or don't bring any. Rather too much than not enough!
  • Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I had planned to provide confetti cones, but after reading a thread here a while back I am now going to do a basket of confetti that everyone can grab a handful of. It was something to do with the way people don't always know how to throw the confetti out of the cone (I wouldn't either!) and end up launching it 'under-arm' style towards your faces, rather than tossed over you. I think.

• E
    Beginner May 2015
    Em1986 ·
    • Hide content

We have made two confetti cone holders... two wooden crates that we have painted white and then stuck rustic stickers with our dates on them.. sheet of card over the top with holes cut into it and then we will fill them with confetti cones and bubbles...

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I want to do confetti cones just not sure how many I'd need for 60 guests as it works out quite expensive for something that's going to be thrown on the floor! I'm not sure how having the confetti lose in a bucket would work. Would someone have to go and hand it out then people would have to try and keep it in their hands with out dropping it. Sounds easier to hvae cones to me.

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

I've never heard of guests bringing their own confetti, and when I told my mum and Mr C that I'd been looking up the price of confetti and wondering about how much we'd need to buy, they looked at me like I was mad and said "People BRING their own confetti of course! You don't have to provide it!" I think it may be an age thing, though - Mr C said his mum, who was older than my mum, always had a stash in case she was invited to a wedding. Also, now that weddings are such a huge industry I guess it's become one more thing that can be personalised and sold to brides and grooms, and also one more thing that they can have control over, or rather that companies persuade them that they should have control over (bit cynical, I know!) I've been to one wedding this year where confetti was provided, and one where they didn't have any.

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    sarah.jones ·
    • Hide content

I really want a confetti shot. I bought some confetti from Flumpy Buttons on Etsy, lovely seller. I bought enough for 60 guests & have bagged it up in cute little vintage paper bags bought cheaply off ebay. Ive been told that not many people remember to bring it and also lots of venues require biodegradable etc so if you want a confetti shot its better to provide it.

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

We'r providing confetti because our venue only allow pastel coloured biodegradable stuff. We're only making 20-25 cones so guests can share also not everyone will get close enough to throw some anyway.

• E
    Beginner June 2015
    EXCITEDBRIDE15:) ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone!

I have around 100 guests so will just get enough for 40ish people would that be okay?

like what was said before not everyone can get around you anyway for confetti shot! is more money for something silly but do love confetti shots!!

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

We just bought a wicker garden trug for ours cus we'll reuse that afterwards. We have 67 adult guests and based the amount on just over half of them throwing it, so bought 5 litres worth. We'll just get our guests to grab a small handful before its due to be thrown so not bothering with cones. Ive not been to many weddings but have never bought confetti to take for the ones I have, and dont know anyone else who does either. OH mom did buy a box of paper stuff but we did tell her we're only allowed petals, and that because of it being so specific we'd be buying them, but I dont know that anyone else would buy it....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics