Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BrideCummins14
Beginner April 2014

Confetti and Lace....the drama begins

BrideCummins14, 20 of January of 2014 at 14:27 Posted on Planning 0 6

I ordered my bridesmaid dresses from confetti and lace and once I did my wedding planner said she was surprised i had such good service as all she had heard was bad reviews (that will teach me for not checking with her before hand). Anyway I seem to have been lucky, they were always nice and helpful, my dresses arrived last Friday which was much more in advance than originally quoted. Over the weekend I hear several horro stories (one friend taking them to court) and I start to panic. I call this morning to book my appointment to take the girls and she said she will not make an appointment until I pay the remianing balance. I said I'm not willing to pay the balance until I see the dresses, she said this will not happen so I said I'd call back.

Where do I stand legally? I am not willing to pay for something before I have even seen it - with their track record on reviews they might not even be in the shop!!! I got straight on the phone to my wedding planner and told her to book my appointment - still waiting to hear back.

Anyone else had any issues with this shop and can help?!

6 replies

Latest activity by Trish2014, 20 of January of 2014 at 17:21
  • Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

Yes my friend had nightmares with them!! She ordered her BM dresses from there, they came in 5 weeks before the wedding (after non stop chasing them as they had been "due in" for weeks) they were awful, loads of pulls in them and general awful quality. They were not wearable.

She said they were lovely until they had her money then they were awful. When she complained and demanded to see the manager they just kept on fobbing her off, telling her to calm down and they didnt see the problem .... 5 weeks before her wedding.

Anyway in the end she went to another shop and managed to get her BM dresses but i never forgot the trouble she had with them, there are only two shops local to me that stock mt dress (well the designer) Confetti and Lcae being one of them, needless to say i avoided!

Hope you get some answers and also hope its resolved. Massive good luck.

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow - I really hope they're ok - I'm glad it's their dresses and not mine but still stress I could do without!!! Will keep you posted

• Leedsbride2015
    Beginner May 2015
    Leedsbride2015 ·
    • Hide content

Is this confetti & lace in leeds? x

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

The one my friend had her problems with was the one in Lakeside, Essex.

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

Lakeside, Essex

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

Oh my god. I have heard awful reviews about them. Walked in there today just to have a look and they seemed really snotty. I hope u are able to sort it. Ill keep an eye on ure post as will be intereated to know how u get on xx good luck xx

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

I thought you were talking about the one in Leeds too and was surprised as I've heard good things about them! I don't see why they can't take the remaining balance once your BMs have tried them on. I imagine you've entered a contract with them to pay the full balance anyway? Good luck, I hope that it all works out well and that the dresses are just what you're expecting! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics