Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bluebell25
Beginner August 2013

Confetti and leaving the church

Bluebell25, 20 February, 2013 at 13:58 Posted on Planning 0 4

I'd forgotten, but this has always confused me: In films and in pictures you often see the guests gathered outside the church, throwing confetti over the couple as they leave. But at all the weddings I've been to, the couple leave first, along with the wedding party.

How does that work?! Am I being completely daft?!

4 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 20 February, 2013 at 14:16
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Yep that is right - its tv world -

What realy happends is you do leave the church 1st and then when every one is out it is done then. But just about every vicar will say that he does not want you to throw it within the grounds -so it is done at the church gate.

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Quite a few churches we've photographed at only allow confetti to be thrown outside the church gates so that might be why ?

Also fewer guests seem to take confetti along to a wedding nowadays too, so unless it's organised by the bride and groom you may find only a few guests have brought confetti with them (aunties and mums usually!!).

Ali

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

I know what you mean! However I've found in 'real life' people have just randomly thrown it over the couple whilst outside - though I can't stand the stuff. Plus people seem to think it's really funny to push it down the brides dress (imagine mid summer, very hot and I'm trying to scrape confetti out of her dress)

I'm pretending that we're not allowed confetti, rice or similar at the venue.

• Bluebell25
    Beginner August 2013
    Bluebell25 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What?! They'd better not. If they did that might well be my bridezilla moment!

Thanks everyone, glad I'm not the only one. Although I have to say I'm a little disappointed, it looked quite a nice thing to do!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

If my bride and grooms want a confetti shot then I will take control of the throwing and get an angle with the church in the background and say 1,2,3 go

and yes seem to think it's really funny to push it down the brides dress I see this alot too

You see in this shot it is just outside the gates

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics