Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner August 2015

Confetti cone alternative

Purplecake, 24 of March of 2015 at 11:47 Posted on Planning 0 7

I would like to provide confetti for the guests, and was considering making 70 odd cones, but basically can't be bothered what with other bits to do. So i thought, what about getting pretty muffin cases (thick paper/thin card variety) as a holder for them? When i was in the shops at the weekend i saw pretty polka dot paper cups for parties, and thought they could be used also. They wouldn't hold as much as cones, but still a good handful per guest.

But then the cheapskate in me though if paper cups are ok, would clear plastic cups be ok!? As they're obviously much cheaper! And maybe not visible in the confetti photo. But i don't know if the clear variety would actually look strange, and polka would look pretty and innovative. Any ideas on confetti cone alternatives are welcome, or thoughts on whether cups (patterned or otherwise) are a good idea are welcome!

7 replies

Latest activity by MrsEdisToBe, 24 of March of 2015 at 17:33
  • Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

I think the muffin case idea sounds lovely actually! Easier to store as well, because with cones you may have to think how to keep them standing up!

Personally I wouldn't have clear plastic cups, I'd rather have something that looked a bit more "finished" if you know what I mean? You'll most likely still be able to see them in the photos.

Why not just put a bucket or a bowl and tell people to take a handful as they leave?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

To be honest, the most successful thing for confetti is usually just a nice big basket full of confetti, with everyone taking a handful.

Cones and things look pretty beforehand, but people get so confused about how to throw confetti with them ?

Some people do a jabbing motion with them, as if they're stabbing something, others do it like they're ringing a bell.

If you'd like to save some money, a single wicker basket or similar would be more than sufficient ?

• P
    Beginner August 2015
    Purplecake ·
    • Hide content

Don't know where my pics have gone; (although i'm sure you're all aware what they look like!) i like to visualise.

• P
    Beginner August 2015
    Purplecake ·
    • Hide content

Clear plastic was my least favourite, but it was an option as it'd be £2 or so for the amount needed rather than £12 for patterned. But if i go down the holder route I do like the patterns (either cup or muffin) so would ignore the slightly higher cost. And I didn't even consider a bucket/basket! You get set on one route (ie cones) from seeing it done on here and forget about other options! Maybe that would be good, rope in a couple of ushers/BMs to walk around with a basket or two. I think it would be patterned or a help yourself basket..

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    S&K2015 ·
    • Hide content

Were not allowed confetti at our venue, but if we were id def go with the basket Smiley smile

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Id also suggest a basket/gardening trug type thing - thats what we're gonna do - just get people to grab a handful then. It might be slightly more expensive than buying paper cases/cups but at least it'll come in handy afterwards too

• TheFutureMrsKay
    Beginner October 2015
    TheFutureMrsKay ·
    • Hide content

I'm putting confetti into organza bags, and then putting them into a little basket and asking some of the little girls coming to hand them out before the ceremony. Bags were really cheap, and it was a nice way to involve the children.

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsEdisToBe ·
    • Hide content

I have ordered a little wicker basket and am giving it to one of the flower girls to hold outside of the church.

I got a medium one from the company below and it cost about £5:

http://www.east2eden.co.uk/shop/product/2567/red-gingham-traditional-wicker-shopping-basket-with-textile-liner-in-5-sizes

I made confetti cones with a friend the night before their wedding and it took ages! I had to promise we wouldn't do this to the OH!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics