Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner June 2015

confetti cones??

EXCITEDBRIDE15:), 29 of August of 2014 at 13:37 Posted on Planning 0 14

I have around 100 day guests! do I make confetti cones for everyone or just make 50/60 and people share??

14 replies

Latest activity by 2016bride88, 30 of August of 2014 at 13:15
    Beginner February 2016
    2016bride88 ·
    • Hide content

I have around 80 adults and I'm making 50 as I got 50 organza bags of confetti (dried rose petals) off eBay for a bargain £6 so making my own cones...here's a sneak Smiley smile

If I'm honest I think only the ladies will be interested lol xx

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Can I ask 2015bride88 which ebay seller you used for your dried rose petal confetti? £6 is such a bargain!!!

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I love these ones from a recent wedding? I would say about 70% of guests had cones

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

60 would probably be enough. The other thing I've seen, that I thought worked better, was one large basket of petals. This was taken around by an usher (just like you would with cones) and everyone grabbed a handful.

• jayannfernandez
    jayannfernandez ·
    • Hide content

For me, 50 is enough. Smiley smile

• E
    Beginner June 2015
    EXCITEDBRIDE15:) ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone! will prob do around 60! the men wont be fussed if don't get one.

Beginner February 2016
    2016bride88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi it was a lady just selling off one lot from a wedding, never used. Although my colours plum these roses are reds/pinks and cream I couldn't resist bargain so hope the petal confetti colour doesn't matter. Sorry I couldn't help. I looked before I bought these and they were really expensive buying bulk bags. Have you thought about what others are doing and do the dried rose confetti yourself xx

• P
    Beginner August 2015
    Purplecake ·
    • Hide content

I sometimes feel silly on this board, so many things i'm not clued up on yet! But i thought guests bring their own confetti? I've never been to a wedding where it's handed out, but it must make for a nicer picture with so much of it. Is it a casual 'take a cone so we can do a photo please' when organising guests?

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks. I knew it was too good to be true!! I had a quick look at prices and you're right, the bulk buy stuff is still quite expensive. I will have to give this one some thought! I would quite like to put a packet on each chair in the ceremony room rather than rely on people picking some up on the way past! I might have to ask our registrar to remind people. I think most guests forget to bring confetti of their own, and as I really do like the effects it gives on photographs, I do think I want to add it to our "must haves" even if it is an extra expense for us.

Beginner February 2016
    2016bride88 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah it wouldn't have been something I'd of thought id do but but the past 2 weddings I've been too people were sharing bought confetti so wasn't a lot to use. I think personal touches are what gets people talking xx

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Purplecake, some guests do bring confetti, but sometimes only one or 2 guests bring any. If you want a nice confetti shot you need plenty of it.

Also, you need to check what kind is permitted at the venue. A venue may specify real petals, so if your guests have brought plastic confetti they can't throw it.

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

I have just finished doing my confetti cone basket. I just went to the principle of filling the basket with cones and it would be first come first served. I think a lot of people will bring their own anyway, so it's just a token gesture for those who don't so we can get a nice confetti photo.

Quick flash below. Obviously the cones will be full of flower petal confetti, but I am leaving that until the last minute!

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

I guess stick with the palest of colours to avoid staining. Some on ebay specifically state that they are colourfast in case of rain.

Beginner February 2016
    2016bride88 ·
    • Hide content

Oh I never thought Smiley sad what I've bought is a mix of deep red/pinks and cream dried petals, crushed up.i hope it won't stain, maybe I should wet some and test? xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics