Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

DarkMoomin
Beginner June 2012

confetti container inspiration?

DarkMoomin, 19 March, 2012 at 13:53 Posted on Planning 0 10

Good Afternoon ladies,

I really hope you can help me out with some inspiration. Our venue will only allow us to have real petal confetti - so I have bought some dried petal confetti from ebay as I am not certain that people will bring it and we want a 'confetti' photo.

The plan is for the 2 BMs to have the confetti in some sort of contatiners and dish it out to the guests after the service while we set the photo up. Where I am stuck is what to put it in that will fit with the feel of the day.

The theme is vintage glamour, and its quite elegant I guess - the boys are in evening wear, BMs in what is essentially cocktail wear inspired by the 1940's styles, in dark purple, with the colopurs throughout being essentially monochrome of purples and ivory accented by pearls.

The table centres and venue decoration are flowers in cut glass vintage (style) bowls.

My first thought wasbaskets - but this is a little english country garden for the rest of the theme I think.

Then I thought I could use some of the extra glass bowls I'm not using for table centres, but we will be outsde and the ground is a little uneven and I think holding glass bowls might be asking for trouble....

Other elements of the day are a little hint to a pirate theme - with wooden pirate treasure chests as favour boxes, and larger chests as a post box and one for a 'guest book' where people will write messages on cards and put them in the chest.

We are also quite geeky, but OH doesn't want that being too obvious...

So, Iam quite stuck for something thats easy to carry and fits the theme... any ideas ladies?

TIA

DM xx

10 replies

Latest activity by Kriek, 19 March, 2012 at 16:29
  • lady_lyla
    Beginner September 2013
    lady_lyla ·
    • Hide content

My brains not in full creative mode today (been starting at spreadsheets for the past hour!) but what about simple cones? They'd fit your theme and you could get some really nice paper?!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Do you mean what to put it in to make individual 'portions' or what to put the portions in?

Cones are classic. But will need to be transported with care as they are open topped.

Other ideas are organza bags (could be expensive). Or simple paper bags, like the ones you get sweeties in, folded over a sealed with a sticker, or sticky bow. You could also get clear cellophane and do the same. Or scrunch the top of the cellophane bags and tie with ribbon.

Or simple put into envelopes that coordinate with your colour or scheme, vistaprint will do some will a 40s pattern or art deco pattern on. Seal them and write 'Confetti' on the front. These could be put in anything, from a basket to a fruit bowl! Or left on people's chairs with the OOS.

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

I agree that cones are the easier way to go with this. They can be very interesting, different kinds of paper, or doilies might go well with your theme. These pictured aremaybe too country garden, but the laser-cut edge is cool.

(Source: https://english-wedding.com/2011/01/vintage-wedding-treats/)

Doilies:

(source https://myweddingideasblog.com/diy-wedding-2/how-to-make-confetti-cones/)

And you could have them in baskets like this:

or like this- these would be easy to attach ribbons to hang on the aisle-side chairs perhaps:

Lots of idea, but I think the lace doilie ones look pretty vintage glam.

• lady_lyla
    Beginner September 2013
    lady_lyla ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

*steals idea*

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Haha, no problem. I wish I could do it, but I believe my venue has a strict 'no confetti' rule Smiley sad Will have to ask- maybe they'll allow real flower petal confetti outside on the croquet lawn- if so we might rig it up to have the confetti tossed there.

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

We are having personalised cones with black and white confetti to match our theme. Have a look at Perditas Petals, some fab offers on.

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

What about martini glasses? You can get some pretty cheap from Ikea and your BMs can carry them on silver trays when they're dishing it out

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

Hey guys,

thanks for responding. I wasn't thinking of actually portioning it out, more the BMS making sure everyone gets a handful from a larger container they have each...

Though now I've though about it, I suppose the petals may stick to hands etc, especially forthose who get it first...

I do indeed like the laser cut cones, I wonder if I could make my own cones out of doilies...

So decisions about portioning the confetti aside, I would still need 2 containers to keep the portions in... My plan was for them to be put down the front near the BMS chairs, so they can grab them (needs to be holdable with one hand because of flowers) on their way outside and have the right away to start doling them out.

ooo just had a thought about seeing if I can hire/make some trays like the cigarette seller girls used to have... but that might be a faff to get on over hair and head pieces for just a few minutes...

Will certainly look into the cones though! but any other ideas as to containers very welcome - I really fancy the idea of something classy but out of the ordinary, but really failing in the inspiration today....

DM x

PS tried to post this about 15 minutes ago, but hitched wasn't playing!

Frandy - I really like that idea - but with 70+ guests thats alot of martini glasses - and still the issue of carrying glass around outside.... but I wonder if I could get hold of some of the large martini glasses... that would be pretty cool! I wonder how many cones you can fit in a large martini glass....

Hmmm I can see the last dregs of the budget going on dispensing confetti for one photo!! lol!

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

Doh! Venart, just seen the link in your post showing how to make the cnes with doilies!

Looks like thats a winner then, my local BM wll spending a day helping me make them! - now just need containers for cones I think...

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

You can buy the huge martini glasses online for about £20 each but they're quite common for centrepieces so you might be able to hire some from your flower shop?

I think you could easily get 8 cones in a regular sized glass and you could go for plastic if you're worried about safety, I have no idea how many you'd get in a big glass.

Or else keep it simple and just have a box like this with ribbon to match your colours

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics