Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
Beginner August 2012

confetti - do we provide it?

olderbride, 23 of April of 2012 at 21:52 Posted on Planning 0 12

In the past and at all weddings i have been to over the years if i wanted confetti i have bought it and taken it along with me. However reading on this forum i seem to be picking up that some brides are providing the confetti for their guests. is this now the norm?

I will have to check with iur venue first anyway actually as I do not know if they allow confetti. I know some places are a bit funny about it these days.

I would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks

12 replies

Latest activity by Sloth, 24 of April of 2012 at 12:44
  • cford09
    Beginner March 2013
    cford09 ·
    • Hide content

We aren't providing confetti although our venue allows it. I was going to because, as you have just mentioned, from posts on here it now seems the norm. But it would just be an extra expense and an extra job to do! We have both got plenty of 'older lady' relatives who I know will come with handbags bulging with the stuff and will force a handful upon everyone before we go for the confetti shot!

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

I am providing it - for the simple fact i want the 'confetti shot' (one of the very few staged shots i want) and now a days people dont bring it as so many venues dont allow it so they just dont bother!

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Some places are funny about it now and want it to be thrown outside and be bio-degradable, so if you proved it yourself you can make sure its both. I don't think throwing it is as popular now as it was years ago ( probably due to the above reasons as people don't know if its permitted ) .Infact the last 2 weddings I've attended it has not been thrown, I'd like photos of it being thrown as we leave the ceremony, so will provide it from little baskets that the FG will have to hand out to the guests, when they leave before us.

• O
    Beginner September 2012
    OrdinaryGirl ·
    • Hide content

I always forget to buy confetti - hopeless I know. I was at a friend's wedding a couple of weeks ago and they did provide confetti, which was nice but like LMT it was partly for a staged photo. I think you'll always get a few people bringing it though.

• P
    Beginner May 2012
    Peyaleed ·
    • Hide content

Our venue only allows biodegradable but like others have mentioned I want the 'staged' confetti shots so will be providing some especially for this purpose

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I always forget it when I go to weddings, so bearing that in mind we have a few packs to give out. I have specified on our website that it should be biodegradable but not sure how many folk will actually take notice of that.

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

Morning!

We've had a few weddings where no guests had brought confetti, so if you want confetti to be thrown it's worth making sure that a few people will be bringing some along (mums and aunties usually have some!) or buy a couple of boxes to be on the safe side

Ali x

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

We are providing confetti, our flower girls are going to give it out in personalised cones.

• MrsT-tobe
    Beginner June 2013
    MrsT-tobe ·
    • Hide content

We're also providing confetti. At my sisters wedding she had two ushers inside handing out orders or service and two ushers outside handing out little personalised bubbles. So we're going to buy some cones and fill them with confetti and have an usher outside the church handing them out.

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    Mrswebb2b ·
    • Hide content

We are providing it again because i want the shot, it only cost us about £15 to do and i live how it looks and its just another personal touch added to the day

• G
    Beginner November 2011
    GemGem81 ·
    • Hide content

We did but like previous people have said because I always forget to take it to weddings and we wanted a confetti shot.

My Mum bought a whole load of boxes from a catering wholesalers and the ushers gave them out. We ended up nearly drowning in confetti as we walked along a line about 20m long of people lobbing whole boxes of the stuff at us, think we might have overdone it somewhat, was fun and got some interesting photos tho!

Was amazing the amount that fell out my dress at the end of the night tho and there is stuff in my hair for all the rest of the pictures!!!

• Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content

As we are only allowed biodegradable to so I am providing, I am going to just have 2 or 3 jars with it in and get the ushers to hand it out, and not spend to much on it. But that shot is classic Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics