Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner October 2015

Confetti - Help!

BridgetJonesNoLonger, 21 of September of 2015 at 07:05 Posted on Planning 0 9

Are you doing a confetti throw? Our venue only allows natural confetti so we'll need to provide it. Initial costings were around £80 so we decided against it (the cost of things for a wedding is crazy! when would you spend £80 on flower petals that will be thrown at you for a few seconds at any other time?!!!) I found some on EBay yesterday for about £40 and think we will go with that.

Are you having a confetti moment? If so how much is it costing? Has anyone found a good, cheap supplier of natural, petal confetti? I know I can dry flowers myself for free but I don't fancy getting up at the crack of dawn to go to Covent Garden market to get delphiniums ... and I'm not sure with just under 5 weeks to go whether it's too late for all of that?

Thanks

Bx

9 replies

Latest activity by NoMoore, 22 of September of 2015 at 11:07
  • M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsLloyd2b ·
    • Hide content

I was looking at confetti this weekend, much more expensive than I thought it would be! I found some on Amazon, it's £11.95 per litre, although I'm not sure how many litres would be needed. They have loads of colour combinations and they give 10% if you spend over £50. Here's the link http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00K86CT2S/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1442819538&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=Confetti&dpPl=1&dpID=418dGU6qzhL&ref=plSrch I think I'm going to get the gold and Ivory xxx

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

We're doing a confetti shot. We've got enough for just 20 people to throw and that's costing £50. I agree it is really expensive though! This is for real flower petal confetti.

• M
    Beginner October 2015
    misslynx ·
    • Hide content

We can have just recyclable so I have bought 24 packs from ebay for just over £10

At the birmingham wedding show we saw shropshire petals who are expensive, but good - think there are a few discounts to be had too if not worried too much about the colour of the confetti?

https://www.shropshirepetals.com/

PS. They have a confetti calculator online too which really helps work out what you need!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Just wondering if a couple of supermarket bouquets ripped up on the morning of the wedding would do?

I find it's best to have the confetti in a basket and then have an usher take it around so people can grab a handful. Ask your florist too. I remember Emma's confetti was supplied by her florist from the same flowers as her bouquet.

https://www.facebook.com/Ollievision/photos/a.10152482449269448.1073741864.178327269447/10152482450314448/?type=3&theater

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

I used Shropshire Petals for my confetti, it cost me £40 for 40 individual boxes. I agree that is expensive but I'm hoping it's worth it.

• M
    Beginner October 2015
    misslynx ·
    • Hide content

Paula - random but do you know what blue flowers Emma had please? Very interested!

Thanks

Diane

• S
    Beginner August 2016
    Sondy ·
    • Hide content

I'm experimenting with making and drying my own- using shop bought flowers and storing it until the wedding. Much cheaper and as natural as can be...depends when your wedding is though!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I've asked on facebook and someone says they are delphiniums.

• B
    Beginner October 2015
    BridgetJonesNoLonger ·
    • Hide content

Thanks again all Smiley smile

I think I'll go with what I found on ebay £40 for 4 litres which should be enough for around 80 handfuls and I'm getting delphiniums.

My florist suggested perdita petals which I have yet to look at. Shropshire Petals look like a great product but I was hoping to spend a little less than they charge.

B x

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

Some guests bring confetti anyway but I've bought a small bag of rose petals and a small bag of lavender to make up some just in case. I'm making the cones out of old maps which were free so including a basket to pop them in, I reckon I've got around 20 cones of confetti for less than £15.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics