Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

2BMrsC
Beginner May 2017

Confetti recommendations?

2BMrsC, 28 of September of 2016 at 21:13 Posted on Planning 0 9

I'm hoping to get natural petal confetti for my wedding next May and to be honest, I'm completely confused!

Clearly from my googling there are 'top' companies like Shropshire Petals and then there are cheaper alternatives.... on a certain auction site for example!

So my question is this- is it really worth spending the extra for 'top quality' confetti or do the cheaper alternatives do the job just as well?

Somehow I'm not sure I can bring myself to spend the sort of amounts I'm looking at for a few handfuls of dried petals that will end up being trampled into the grass and blowing away in the wind ? but on the other hand, I DO want a lovely confetti 'moment' with real petals or other really nice confetti!

Does anyone have any recommendations for natural petal confetti from companies I might not have stumbled across, or any experience of 'cheaper' petals or has anyone found any other really nice confetti, not necessarily petals, but not that multi coloured tissue paper shapes that the newsagent sells?!

All advice gratefully received, thank you!!

9 replies

Latest activity by 2BMrsC, 30 of September of 2016 at 18:01
  • laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Do you have any family members with rose bushes or similar? We MIL has one and she collected and dried enough to give to somewhere around 100 guests. We thought it would be a massive job but it didn't really take too long in the end. We made little cones out of paper doilies and they looked lovely Smiley smile

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

I'm wondering this myself, as I saw the Shropshire Petals at a fair and they were all really lovely (and the colour schemes are beautiful), but it is expensive to get enough for my guests. Also my Fiance is from Shropshire but we're getting married elsewhere so it'd be nice to have a bit of his 'home' at the wedding.

My sister had some synthetic petals from a craft shop (they were thrown indoors so could be swept up and not a hazard to wildlife), they looked a bit naff in person, but on the photos they looked quite good. They were also pretty cheap and she asked the venue to collect them and resold them.

I did read somewhere suggesting bird seed (as opposed to traditional rice which is bad for them), but tbh that sounds like it'd end in a recreation of Hitchcock's the Birds

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I find the main reason people use petals is because the venue have said that they have to use tehm, if the venue doesn't mind then there is nothing wrong with the normal paper confetti, some even looks like petals and by the time its flying through the air - some blurred some against the sky you would never know what it is in the photo.

I would however say that the very small rice and lavender bitty type do not look as good on the photo, also when it goes down your top it will itch !

Have a look here for some confetti advice the one at the bottom can be the itchy stuff.

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Love the idea of using home-grown but sadly am unlikely to get enough petals picked and dried between now and early May- should have thought of this BEFORE the end of summer! Doh!

Thanks for the tips re: Lavender Bill- One thing I can't bear is being itchy and I was thinking lavender would smell nice- I'll strike lavender off my list! ?

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

We have got ours from Adam Apple Confetti. It was quite a lot cheaper than Shropshire Petals. We don't have a photo of it being thrown yet, but it looks lovely in the bags!x

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

Thank You Katie! That is exactly what I was looking for! That's significantly cheaper than I've found elsewhere and they have the exact mix I want!! Thank You! Thank You!

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

No probs. Follow them on facebook, they were running competitions a while back to win some cones x

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

Thanks- have liked them on FB as they seem to do various offers- just missed a 20% off one which would have been great! Won't need comes from them as I'm making my own and have already bought the card- wish I'd found them before I bought it as their cones are very reasonable and wouldn't have cost much more!! ?

• G
    Beginner October 2016
    Galbear ·
    • Hide content

I have just bought these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Daisy-Gifts-Ltd-Burgundy-petals/dp/B003EAOKPY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475244125&sr=8-1&keywords=Burgundy+rose+petals+-+1Kg

I could not justify the price of place such as Shropshire Petals for some dried petals that will be thrown once and then will blow away etc so I hunted around and found these - there's enough for 100 people.

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

They really are a bargain Galbear!! Sadly they only do them in burgundy which will clash with our colour scheme! Typical! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics