Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2015

Confetti.. Worth it or not?

MrsB2015, 11 of November of 2014 at 19:00 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi all. Just wondering what people's thoughts are on confetti? Is it worth providing? We can only use bio degradable one so would provide it but would like to know if people think it was worth it and if so where the best place to get it from.

Thanks

xx

14 replies

Latest activity by Lemon Violet, 18 of November of 2014 at 12:43
  • MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Not! Our venue only allows use of dried or fresh petals, no confetti. Im just putting that info on the invites. Ive never been to a wedding where confetti has been provided.

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

Im obsessed with confetti pics from weddings! They're always really nice images as everyone is all smiles. At our venue we can only have pastel coloured biodegradable confetti so I've ordered some from http://www.confetti-cones.co.uk/

x

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Here is one from last week, I say yes go for confetti.

• S
    Beginner April 2015
    Spring Bride 85 ·
    • Hide content

Love confetti photo's! Like you, our venue only allows bio-degradable, so we'll be providing it to make sure no-one brings anything non-compliant. Haven't got it yet, but have looked at Not on the High Street and Shropshire Petals. Beautiful colours and I think Shropshire Petals do different sized petals that you can mix and match. :-)

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

I want confetti, but I always forget to take it myself to weddings, so decided that the best way was to provide it myself. I got these envelopes filled with biodegradable confetti - £27.99 for 48 of them from a seller on ebay - martinlc81 - and I shall put one on each chair at the ceremony. I have put on our wedding website that confetti will be provided. Perhaps it is not the norm, but for a relatively small cost, I have more chance of getting that mega photo that I would really like!!

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I loved our confetti moment, it was completely spontaneous. We used Shropshire Petals - really pretty Smiley smile

• foxxy88
    Beginner June 2015
    foxxy88 ·
    • Hide content

I'm looking at buying from here on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380733214655?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&var=650294118172&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love this!

X

• Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

I have just sent an enquiry to https://www.foragefor.co.uk/

Most definitely worth it!! I undrstand its £20 that will end up on the floor...but I LOVE the photos that come from it... cant wait!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you CBeckford

Thinking about it the whole reason we got the nightime confetti shot was because the bride and groom did not supply any. it wasnt until later that guests were asking if we were going to throw any as they had brought their own it was a bit nippy and as soon as the main photos were done they all went inside. If the bride and groom had supplied it then we would of done it in the daytime, not every venue will let you throw it inside but it is actually easier to clean up inside than it is outside which is their main reason for only allowing bio confetti.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I love our confetti photos! We didn't provide any though, to be honest it didn't even cross my mind. Loads of our guests had thought about it though and brought it with them.

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We had the dissolving kind. It does seem a shame not to have it

Lynne

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics