Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2022 North West London

Confused by the number of Bogus/scam Adverts on the Forum

Louise, 15 of June of 2021 at 10:53 Posted on Feedback to Hitched 6 12

Dear Hitched,

I'm really shocked and disappointed to see so many bogus/scam adverts selling things from diet pills, spells, EU drivers licence and exam certificates!!! Surely you vet what is advertised and put on your website? Smiley surprise

These Bogus/Scam adverts reflect very poorly on Hitched as a business, surely you want people to use your site and feel it is trustworthy?

Please would someone delete these posts asap.

thank you

Louise

12 replies

Latest activity by Marcie, 21 of June of 2021 at 21:18
  • N
    Savvy June 2023 North Yorkshire
    Nikki ·
    • Hide content
    Literally thinking the same think. Plus it’s sooo annoying when they clog up the forums!
  • Sarah
    Dedicated September 2020 West Sussex
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I literally went through yesterday and reported at least 50 posts from the last few days, it’s beyond a joke! It shouldn’t take days/weeks to get this crap taken down it’s nothing to do with weddings or even helpful life information!!! Just rubbish and when one account posts in every section of the forum within minutes that should be picked up.

Really lazy hitched it would take someone 15 minutes to block these accounts and rid of the posts
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    Totally agree, have posted this before and reported stuff yet it is getting worse. Wasting our time. Hitched should be ashamed
  • L
    Beginner September 2022 North West London
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, so glad it's not just me that finds these scam ads so offensive, you would hope that Hitched would want to protect their customers, rather than let the scammers have a free for all....

Fingers crossed Hitched will do something soon!

• T
    Beginner September 2021 Devon
    Tracym24 ·
    • Hide content
    I totally agree and getting very close to leaving! It’s almost impossible to find the posts and discussions we want to.
  • MrsW
    Dedicated May 2022 South West London
    MrsW ·
    • Hide content
    Completely agree, it's ridiculous. I saw a number today offering counterfeit money and I can't believe that posts that are clearly criminal are making it onto the website.
  • L
    Beginner October 2023 Essex
    Luxurygold37 ·
    • Hide content
    It’s so awful and unhelpful. I try to report as many as I can. Is there a better way to contact Hitched about these posts?
  • J
    Beginner June 2023 West Midlands
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content

Oh its not just me then, spells to get back at your ex! WTH

• D
    Dedicated June 2021 Hertfordshire
    Daisy ·
    • Hide content

I used this forum lots when I first got engaged but I'm barely on here these days as I can't stand scrolling through all the absolute rubbish to get to real posts. My biggest hate is the ones of men saying they're here to meet someone for a relationship...it's laughable to post something like that on a website full of people planning their weddings!

• Charlotte
    Dedicated July 2022 Durham
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    The recent advert I've seen is diet pills, abortion pills and other things along those lines. I'm also fed up of guys * Newbie Groom* messaging however it is not what so ever related to any wedding more like using hitched as a dating site. It's not what any bride/groom needs. Has anyone else had this? X
  • Zoe
    Beginner June 2024 West London
    Zoe Online ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone,

I'm Zoe, the Social Media Editor at Hitched. I just want to hop on and say I'm really sorry about what you've been experiencing. This week we've had a bit of a bug and an unprecedented amount of spam posts have come through our filters. I am doing what I can to ban the users and remove the posts and I'm so sorry it's impacting your experience.

Our community and dev teams are aware of this and it's being looked into.

Thanks,

Zoe

• Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    It’s getting worse, pages and pages

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics