Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HappyPinkHair15172
Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside

Congratulatons to businesses helping Brides and Grooms during C19

HappyPinkHair15172, 7 of July of 2020 at 13:00 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello everyone.

Just been inspired to post this following my first (lovely) conversation with my dressmaker.

I thought it would be a nice idea to focus on some positivity surrounding all the paused Brides and Grooms who have had to postpone and reschedule their special days due to C19.

How about a shout out to all the businesses, suppliers and venues who have not tried to charge extra, been understanding and supportive, and just been generally top notch through this?

Whilst I understand that businesses themselves cannot advertise on here, I don't think there would be any problem in just mentioning their names and rough locations.

What do you think?

3 replies

Latest activity by HappyPinkHair15172, 8 of July of 2020 at 18:52
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Our photographer has been stand-out amazing throughout this. As soon as lockdown started, they set up a dedicated FB page for all their couples who had weddings booked this year, to keep us informed. They've negotiated special discounts for us with other suppliers. They've kept us updated with any changes and have been unfailingly positive and cheerful, even though they themselves must be going through the mill, seeing their entire income vanish overnight.

We'd booked a midweek photography package with them, which is a lot cheaper than a weekend package. When the ban on weddings was lifted and we rang them to discuss a new date (we're looking to marry as soon as we can) they said we could have any day of the week they were free, including weekends, for no extra charge. We ended up going for a midweek date after all, but I thought that was so kind.

If their photos are 1/10th as good as their customer service, we are going to have an amazing record of our wedding!

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Our reception venue has also been great - we can't have a reception now, but they're still letting us use their gardens for photographs!

• ExpensivePinkFlowers63608
    Savvy April 2021 Somerset
    ExpensivePinkFlowers63608 ·
    • Hide content

Our venue, Dillington House, have been amazing. Gave us priority dates when we first had to postpone as we were supposed to be one of the first weddings of the year, then cleared the calender for us when we booked a second back-up date for next year too.

Cake maker has also been super (Silver Cake of Martock, Somerset). Going so far as messaging me on my would-be wedding day to wish me well.

Only one I'm a bit worried about is the photographer. He replied to my initial panicked email back in March (wedding was supposed to have been in April) and happily moved to September, but when I emailed again and said we may now need to also postpone September to April next year, I've heard nothing. Still not heard anything.

• HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

This is so heart warming to hear of so many great suppliers! Keep up the good work!

We'd like to shout out to all of the following in LiverpooL:

Oh Me Oh My,

Bear Hug Events

Leigh and Lee, Photography

Bexi Owen, Singer

Simon Hughes, Magician

Maghull Parish Handbell Ringers

Speke Hall

Love and Carriage, Cars

All of these guys have been fantastic and so accommodating. All are small businesses/sole traders (except Speke Hall), and not one has asked for a penny more. Well done to you all!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics