Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2022

Contemporary Bridesmaid Dresses

LuxuriousGoldDiamonds67330, 17 of January of 2022 at 11:54 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 4

Hi all, Im looking for some suggestions on where to go for dresses for my bridesmaids. They are all adults but different sizes, shapes and colourings so I'm leaning towards different dresses for each of them but coordinating. So far everything ive looked at has been very traditional bridesmaidy (no offence meant, but pastels and frills are not my style at all) and im looking for something a little more contemporary. We are getting married in late spring and looking at bright corals, pinks and yellows for the flowers so something along the lines of this. Im open to a print or embellishment and as long as they are all the same length i dont mind what length they are. I'm starting to feel this is impossible!

4 replies

Latest activity by Alexandra, 19 of January of 2022 at 15:17
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at JJs house, a friend got hers from there and they were really nice, they have a few different styles that you could then have for different people of different shapes etc. or maybe high street shops that are not specifically bridal, as in spring there will be more dresses available so you may find something less bridesmaid-ey so to speak

• Jess
    Dedicated October 2022 Worcestershire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content

They're a bit pricier than the usual hig street stuff, but TH&TH have some gorgeous dresses and in some pretty strong colours - they have a dark teal range that is just to die for!

• Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

Try high street stores like Coast or Oasis - they tend to have more 'on trend' wedding guest wear that could easily become bridesmaids dresses Smiley smile

• A
    Savvy July 2021 Devon
    Alexandra ·
    • Hide content

I highly recommend multiway dresses - we used The Pretty Infinity on Etsy (although there are lots of sellers of these). My 3 bridesmaids are all different shapes and heights and they styled them in different ways that suited them and their personalities perfectly! Also meant they could change how they had the dresses later in the evening when they fancied having them tied a bit differently (for example one wanted the tops of her arms covered in the daytime, then mixed it up in the evening with a more strappy style!). You can then accessorise them or leave them plain dependent on the BM's personal style choice Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics