Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mellow_Yellow
Beginner May 2012

Contraception **Update in OP**

Mellow_Yellow, 6 July, 2012 at 11:50

Posted on Off Topic Posts 37

I have been on Microgynon30 since I was 14 years old. I have always had problems with oily skin, mood swings (verging on depression sometimes), and just generally being quite a hormonal person. I have always just accepted that this is who I am, as I've never known any different. Now that I think...

I have been on Microgynon30 since I was 14 years old. I have always had problems with oily skin, mood swings (verging on depression sometimes), and just generally being quite a hormonal person. I have always just accepted that this is who I am, as I've never known any different. Now that I think back, at 15 I went to the doctor as my moods (ecstatic somtimes, then zombie like others) got to a point where I felt I had to do something, and I was prescribed anti-depressants for a while. I chose to come off them myself, as they didn't make much difference, and I didn't want to become dependant on them.

Now, lately I have wondered if my pill could be to blame for some of my problems. Occassionally I think about going to the doctor to find out what support is out there for when I have really bad times, but then things brighten up and I never get around to it, plus I am embarrassed and wouldn't know where to start.

So, first port of call, I'm thinking about alternative contraception. Really different pills, injection, etc. as I wouldn't be willing to get the implant or any type of coil at this stage.

Ladies - what should I try and why?

***UPDATE - have been off the pill for three weeks now and I am a changed person. As it happens, we have decided that we are ready to start a family, so are using condoms for a month or so until my cycle settles down and then trying. I honestly will never go back on that pill...my life seems so much brighter, my 'dark days' which happen once or twice a week have disappeared, my energy levels are higher, and the bedroom department...well ? it seems that pill (Microgynon) suppresses a lot!!! I would definitely recommend that anyone on the pill who feels like I did in my OP looks at other methods, I can't believe how much happier I am***

37 replies

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

Hmm, readin this has made me come to the decision I will be coming off the pill too!

I've been on and off it for years, was on the Micro one for years and didn't think it caused any issues until I came off it for a bit and went back on, then I noticed

the difference!

I have tried about 5 diff pills since and I'm sure they are the cause for all sorts of problems! I only went back on it to control the monthlys but I'm not just not sure it's worth it sometimes!

Was thinking about the coil but deep down I just don't want to have one!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics