Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2016

Convertible bridesmaid dresses

Moonbeam88, 25 of September of 2014 at 07:09 Posted on Planning 0 11

I really like the convertible bridesmaid dresses by dessy & 2 birds but with 6 adult bridesmaids £250 a dress is waaay out of my budget. Has anyone found a similar thing elsewhere?! My colours are blush pink and mint x

11 replies

Latest activity by JLLS, 28 of September of 2014 at 01:10
  • MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Bhs do them, but i think they might be selling them off at the moment. Worth a look though. Could you ask your girls to contribute a little?

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

Ah thank you I'll take a look! I'm the first out of my group of girls to get married so not sure of the etiquette of asking for dress contributions? Have others done this? X

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Lots of people do it now, though you do have to make sure they all like the dresses if they're contributing, I bought my girls high street dresses, but after 2 failed attempts they found a dress in my bridal shop they both liked, so we paid half each. I've done the same as I am a bridesmaid for one of them in December.

• N
    Beginner June 2015
    nammy502 ·
    • Hide content

Look at The Dainty Yard on etsy. I got my multiway dresses from there, and they are really lovely.

Reasonable prices too

• T
    Beginner May 2015
    trewsie ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting mine from In One Clothing. Its online only which means you have to order a sample rather than go in a shop but we had a fab afternoon trying different styles with a bottle or two of prosecco.

I've been really impressed with the service so far - quick to respond to emails etc. I have had the sample dress and going to order early next year just in case my cousin grows! Also in the letter that came with the sample there was a code for money off orders over a certain amount as well.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

My friend just bought Dessy twist and wrap dresses from the Dessy website and they worked out about £80-£90 each. She did have a disount code for money off. though. They came from America and arrived within a week or so of ordering them.

• Superhanka
    Beginner December 2014
    Superhanka ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for In One Clothing. The sample dress costs £25 and you have it for 28 days, if you subsequently place an order then you'll get that £25 off your order. Also there's discounts for spends over £300/600.

The dresses are really good quality and hang beautifully.

• Laura Ellen Photography
    Beginner May 2014
    Laura Ellen Photography ·
    • Hide content

Coralie Beatrix on Etsy is amazing. I had these for my bridesmaids (all different in shapes and sizes) plus I bought one when I was a friend's MOH. Depending on size, they are about £70-ish. I love them so much that I'll be ordering for my honeymoon when I get a chance to book it!

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

Etsy was great for these for my girls, and Groupon has a deal on them too!

• Nessa_EssexBride
    Beginner November 2015
    Nessa_EssexBride ·
    • Hide content

https://www.etsy.com/shop/thedaintyard

I'm ordering from this company above and their great. The lady in charge is called Julie. I've ordered one dress from her, to see if I liked it (also the bridesmaid) and we all do. Will be ordering 4 more the start of next year for my bridesmaids.

Shipped in less than 2 weeks.

Great quality and all the girls love the feeling of being in it.

Check it out. Hope that helps x

• Superhanka
    Beginner December 2014
    Superhanka ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ness, can i ask a couple of q's about the daint yard? I was holding off til nearer the time to order mine from In One Clothing, however, the just looked at the daint yard and they're a fifth of the price!

i see it's one size fits all...my bm's are all absolutely tiny, I mean size 6/8, will the dresses come up too big on them do you think? Also did you get a bandeau top?

thanks!

• J
    Beginner March 2015
    JLLS ·
    • Hide content

I've just bought mine from marks and Spencer's!! They are the short version but I bought one to begin with and it's really lovely, so I've ordered the other 3 Smiley smile they do them in sizes too as I looked at the one size ones and was a bit apprehensive as one of my bridesmaids is absolutely tiny!

http://m.marksandspencer.com/mt/www.marksandspencer.com/slinky-multiway-dress/p/p22283275?jsrl=stop&un_jtt_redirect

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics