Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner September 2017

Coombe Lodge brides

RomanticGreenCakes661, 19 of August of 2016 at 21:16 Posted on Planning 0 2

Sooo we're getting married in Coombe Lodge, Somerset next September Smiley smile

We aren't allowed into the venue to start getting ready until 11.30am, so I'll likely have to have my hair and make-up done somewhere else.

Has anyone been married here? And where did you get ready?

Thanks! xxxx

2 replies

Latest activity by samwillow, 21 of August of 2016 at 05:22
  • 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

Hello fellow Somerset Bride and welcome to Hitched!

We aren't getting married at Coombe Lodge- we have booked The Batch at Lympsham, but I'm potentially facing a similar problem- if there is no wedding the day before ours, then I will be able to stay overnight the night before and then have all morning to set up and get ready... if there IS a wedding the day before, then I won't be able to get there until 11am at the earliest.... and we are getting married at 1pm.... so that's 2 hours to check everything is in place (venue kindly put out table decorations etc!) and get me and my MOH ready.

I have a contingency plan of staying at home with OH, going to hairdresser first thing in the morning and coming home to put make up etc on, so all I'll have to do when I get to the venue is check everything and get my dress on... but I'm praying there won't be a wedding the day before so I can get ready in peace at the venue!

The only other thing I have thought of and can suggest for you is finding a hotel nearby and getting ready there- good excuse for a posh car to drive you to the venue too Smiley winking There is a Premier Inn just up the road from our venue which I might consider, not sure what there is near Coombe Lodge....

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

.... I see on Coombe Lodge's website they suggest The Holiday Inn on the A38 and The Sidcot (Premier Inn) further up the A38.... neither of which are a million miles from your Venue!

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

Congratz and good luck for both of you

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics