Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner September 2021

Copycat bride

HappyBlueFlowers16552, 15 of September of 2019 at 18:53 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all.

I have a dilemma with a friend. She got engaged a few months after me and had stated she was not planning to marry soon due to finances, however, her parents are now paying. She has chosen to look at the same month as myself and similar venues and is also looking at the same colour schemes.

Whilst she has told me about these things now I couldn't help but be upset that I was potentially going to walk into my own wedding a week before it actually happened so me and my fiance decided to move the wedding forward to 2020 instead of 21, however, so now has my friend.

Do I revert my wedding back to 21 which would be easier for us to budget and run the risk of looking like I have copied her wedding or do I keep my 2020 date?

I'm so split as can't help but feel I had discussed my ideas only for her now to action them

TIA x

3 replies

Latest activity by Chris Giles Photography, 21 of October of 2019 at 11:35
  • H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

Do whatever you were going to do in the first place. Does it matter if your colour schemes are similar or it’s a similar venue? It’s all about you and your partner. Keep focusing on that!

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    ExpensiveOrangeStationery59165 ·
    • Hide content

I agree - use the date that works the best for you and your partner! It's your wedding and it will still be unique to you on the day ? I'm sure that the guests won't see the similarities you're concerned about. This happened with a few girls in my friendship group (one girl in particular thought that a friend was copying her style). Ultimately, they were both still very different weddings and lovely in their own way, and the two women are still friends. If you're really concerned, you could try not to discuss too many details of your wedding plans with your friend, if that's possible without jeopardising the friendship?

• H
    Savvy
    HappyBrownCars12359 ·
    • Hide content

Definitely do the right date for you and don’t rush! I’m getting married after three friends and have no doubt there might be some similarities as we will all subconsciously be influenced by what’s on trend as well.

people rarely remember the decor details (unless it was really spectacular / unusual!) they remember having a good time with friends and a party so try to remember that too and not stress too much?

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

You could always do a Rooney and say you'e changing the date to just your friend and see what she does. If she changes it you really do have a copycat.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics