Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jumbly Girl
Beginner May 2010

Corkage question

Jumbly Girl, 14 May, 2010 at 21:04 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi ladies,

Can I be a right nosy parker and ask how much your venues are charging for corkage? Mine is super steep and I'm going to try one last time to get them to bring it down, so any help would really help! Thanks.

12 replies

Latest activity by aliaisp, 15 May, 2010 at 19:50
  • L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content

Off the top of my head mine was something stupid like £9 a bottle of when their bottles of wine are only £12 or something...

P!ss take if you ask me!

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The whole idea of corkage is PI$$ take if you ask me. Ours is something like £5. It's just a complete rip off.

• H
    Hellz85 ·
    • Hide content

Corkage isn't a rip off. Glasses, refridgeration, service.......it all costs a lot of money. Do you say the same if you buy a glass of wine in a pub? £5 is a bargain!

• L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content

Back again...

• lateweddingdate
    Beginner August 2010
    lateweddingdate ·
    • Hide content

Luckily we don't have a corkage fee. I wish you luck in asking for a reduction, I consider these charges as a rip off you pay way over the odds for wedding venue hire as it is these should be included in costings. It's different if it was a large party for an anniversary!

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

£8.50 per person ?

• alexxinness
    Beginner September 2008
    alexxinness ·
    • Hide content

I was really cheap with my venue we had one in mind a lush manor house and they wanted £10 a bopttle so i refused to book it. Found a better venue and no corkage if we brought our own wine or not.

I personally get really annoyed with cirage its not like they are not making enough money out of you as it is

xxxx

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

We're providing our own booze without a corkage charge. They don't have a licence though so charging corkage would be harsh!

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

Gosh - sounds like you ladies have come across some complete bargains.... We're being massively crippled by corkage costs (c.£16 per bottle of champagne!!!). I wish my venue was only charging £5 per bottle of standard wine!

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

Cant remember exactly, but we did ask and by the time we had travelled to France and picked up a load of £2 bottles and paid corkage on them it was about the same price as buying it direct from the venue........... at £18 for a bottle of house wine.

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

We brought caterers in and they charged £3.50 per adult. Seemed reasonable to me, and we paid a little extra to have them served drinks until the wedding finished at 11pm. We didn't have a cash bar.

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is charging per bottle of wine and £14 per bottle of Champagne even with that we are saving money and improving quality no end by sourcing our own. Will look out where we are getting ours from and lat you know as they are amazing!!

• aliaisp
    Beginner July 2010
    aliaisp ·
    • Hide content

We've got caterers coming in and they don't charge corkage Smiley smile even got the mixers thrown into the meal package! really need to start looking into choosing and buying some good wine asap xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics