Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Curious June 2022 Cambridgeshire

Coronavirus- Should we cancel wedding

Expensivepurplebridesmaid50886, 13 of March of 2020 at 19:01 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all,

Me and my partner are due to get married in June 2020 in this country and are really worried about the wedding going ahead. We aren’t covered with any wedding insurance and can’t get covered as insurance companies aren’t providing cover for weddings under 150 days. Ours is 99 days away. Should we cancel the wedding or keep it booked and hope for the best and risk losing £30k?

5 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 14:04
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

How many people are you inviting? I think larger events are more likely to be cancelled than smaller ones.

Currently, the experts seem to think it will peak in April or May, so hopefully you will be ok at the end of June - ours is then too, so we're hoping for the best.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Don't know if you've seen this, but it might be helpful

https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-planning/organising-and-planning/will-coronavirus-affect-my-wedding-day/

• Mintyslippers
    Mintyslippers ·
    • Hide content

If you choose to cancel for whatever reason it is unlike you will get anything back. But its important to think are you really cancelling or just choosing another date?

For us our couples can change their date if they wish and we wont charge them a penny. ITs important for us to be flexible in this time. Right now there is nothing that the government is doing to suggest weddings cannot go ahead other than guests from certain countries having to self isolate.

But, if the government mandates a shutdown then again, your wedding is only going to be delayed. You're still looking to get married right?

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

A lot of suppliers are sympathetic to this situation. So long as you postpone rather than cancel there shouldn't be much of a hit, if any to your finances.

All I would say is to try and keep it to this year and you may not have the luxury of having it on the same day of the week

I'm moved 4 weddings so far this week for couples.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Church of England has just announced that public worship is cancelled but a Church of England spokesman also clarified that weddings could still go ahead.

It remains to be seen what will happen to the venue you may of been heading to afterwards. Or the venue if it were a civil wedding.

My policy has always been to move wedding dates without loosing the already paid booking amount.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics