Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Welshthistle

Corsages for bridesmaids

Welshthistle, 31 March, 2010 at 18:46 Posted on Planning 0 35

Is anyone giving their bridesmaids corsages to wear instead of bouquets to carry? To be honest I'm mainly thinking of cost, but thought it might be better for them to not have to carry a bouquet round with them all day. Equally though I don't want them to not know what to do with their hands for photos etc! What would you prefer if you were a bridesmaid?

35 replies

Latest activity by silkexuberance, 2 November, 2011 at 21:58
  • L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content

Funny you should ask this as my Bridesmaid only mentioned this yesterday. We went around some local florists and when she seen the price of bouquets she was like why dont we wear corsages? I said no you have to have bouquets! But thinking about it.... why not have corsages??

Would be nice to see if anyone on here has done it or is thinking of doing it!

xx

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I've done lots for Bridesmaids & even 2 of my Brides had Wrist corsages. I have 4 Brides this year also having wrist corsages for their Bridesmaids they seem to be really popular.

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

Like Sherrie, I'm finding more and more brides are opting wrist corsages for their bridesmaids. They look lovely!

• L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content
  • navychick
    Beginner August 2011
    navychick ·
    • Hide content

I'm having them - mainly for the cost and also because i know my two BMs (teenage stepdaughters) will put down their bouquets at some point and lose them. the florist i spoke to suggested that i buy a nice bracelet and have the flower attached to that. then at least they can get to keep the bracelet also.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Wrist corsages are very popular for both adult and child bridesmaids - They can be made on pearl bracelets or, as shown below, with ribbon ties:-

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

I was CB for my cousin at the weekend and we all had bouquets. What a bloomin pain in the arse they were! I would much rather have had a corsage and then I would've had my hands free to help her with things she needed quicker whenever she yelled for help (which was ALOT). Every time I was needed I had to find somewhere to put the flowers.

I'll be having corsages. Saying that though it depends how big the bouquets would be. If they were small it wouldn't be such an issue.

• Laura_Lee
    Beginner
    Laura_Lee ·
    • Hide content

Hi there - I haven't been on here in ages but just logged on and saw your post.

We had corsages for the BMs - and gave them a bag matching their dresses too to carry down the aisle so they would have something to do with their hands.

BTW - they wore them on opposite wrists as the photographer wanted shots with them on either side of me and that was you can see both at the same time.

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    superlauren321 ·
    • Hide content

Oh laura they're lovely...the photos and the corsages!

we were thinking about corsages and you've just confirmed it for me!

x

• Laura_Lee
    Beginner
    Laura_Lee ·
    • Hide content

Ah thanks Superlauren. Its got me looking at my pics again and I want to do it all again now!

I gave the little BMs just one flower with a ribbon round it so cost of their flowers was really kept down too - bonus! I preferred the look of the corsages anyway but they were I think £6 vs £50 for a bouquet!

• Welshthistle
    Welshthistle ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all - great to see pictures too. I'm 99% sure I'm going to go for corsages, plus maybe a little clutch bag too. I'm seeing two of them tomorrow so will float the idea, but I think it's the way to go!

• Laura_Lee
    Beginner
    Laura_Lee ·
    • Hide content

Have fun deciding! The mums and witnesses both had wrist corsages too and all really liked them.

• The BFG
    Beginner August 2010
    The BFG ·
    • Hide content

My sister CBM will be wearing a kind of elongated wrist corsage, she was with me at my meeting with the florist too x

• Foddette
    Beginner March 2010
    Foddette ·
    • Hide content

My girls had wrist corsages & they all agreed it worked really well. They also had clutch bags with little hand straps on so they had their hands free to look after the little one or OH ?

• loobylou1979
    Beginner February 2011
    loobylou1979 ·
    • Hide content

Ooo I'm glad I read this too! I am also thinking of a corsage as my dress has a brooch that would be hidden my a bouqet. Lovely pics Laura, you've sold the idea to me too x

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

I think I'm going to have corsages for the younger BM and a bouquet for my CBM and I ? I just can't justify spending so much on 4 bouquets when corsages look just as nice.

For our pageboys we are going to get 2 teddy bears with the same sort of suits on from the Bear Factory, and let them carry those down the aisle as they will only be 3 & 6 ?

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

My 3 bms are having the wrist corsages, I get the feeling that they will 'lose' their bouquets and put them down somewhere or be picking at them!! Having something like this without the berries and attached to a diamonte stretchy bracelet;

Sherries (?) pictures above have given me some more inspiration too thank U!!!

x

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

My FG is definately having a corsage as she wants to carry the rings pillow too so don't want to overload her hands with stuff to carry. Also i know she'll start playing around with a bouquet when she's bored during the ceremony.

After this thread i might actually considering my BM's having them too. x

• Welshthistle
    Welshthistle ·
    • Hide content

Great - definately going for the corsages! I think they'll look lovely and the saving will come in handy as the bridesmaids' dresses are over budget ?

Thanks all!

• L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content

Id never even thought of this, but might go for corsages for my BMs now! they look lovely (and will save a bit of money too!)

• Lizzieloumoose
    Beginner August 2010
    Lizzieloumoose ·
    • Hide content

Wow, those look great. I didn't think of wrist corsages instead of bouquets, but they do sound like a good idea.

I love the colour of your BM dresses by the way Laura_Lee, and you look great, really elegant.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Quick bit of advice - if you decide on wrist corsages, be sure to ask your florist for Wrist Corsages and not just a "corsage" otherwise you will end up with one which is meant to be worn on a lapel of a jacket or dress. Basically corsages come as:- A corsage (lapel type), wrist corsage, handbag corsage, hat corsage, waist corsage and even shoulder corsage ? Although not many people have these nowadays as they are a bit old fashioned now! Last time I made one was at college LOL! Unless each individual corsage is asked for by name, most florists automatically assume you mean a corsage to be worn on the lapel.

• L
    Beginner February 2011
    Lucy137 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the tip, wrist corsage it is then!

• Blackkat
    Beginner July 2008
    Blackkat ·
    • Hide content

Aislebeyours I've sent you an email about flowergirl corsages prices, thanks for the inspiration

• agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I am going to have a wrist corsage for my wedding, I hate carrying bags at the best of times so decided this would be the best option for me.

x

• F
    Beginner May 2014
    Fruitbat ·
    • Hide content

Im having four bridesmaids, and two flowers girls I thought corsages would be a fab idea, because then the two flowers girls can walk down the aisle with their mum! Also it seems to work out a bit cheaper, and the bridesmaids dont have to worry about finding something to do with them during the ceremony and for the wedding breakfast and reception!

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

Just read this post and im having wrist corsages for my bm's. It was not really the cost thing as mil is going to pay for the flowers and said we could have what we like but when i asked the girls they all said they would prefer wrist corsages so they had their hands free! Plus 4 wrist corsages are the price of 1 bouquet!

I was pleased as this is what I wanted them to have - I was a bm last year and had to carry the bouquet around everywhere and it just got on my nerves in the end I went and put it in the hotel room in the sink and I think the other bm lost hers lol! Ive also got them little bags made to match their dresses which go over their wrists so they will have their hands free!

They are all really happy as they said it means they can wear them all day and night so all guests can see what they looked like during the day without having to carry around a bouquet!

Beginner
    28/07/12bride ·
    • Hide content

We're having corsages for my bridesmaids and little buckets with petals for the little ones. More than half the price and saves them wandering around wondering what to do with it!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

The cost of wrist corsages is a lot less than a posy. One point worth mentioning though is they don't suit everyone.... if your bridesmaids have slender wrists, nice hands and manicured nails, they will look gorgeous but if they have hands like me - uh oh !! Definitely not a design for short arms, chubby wrists, small hands and short fingers as it draws attention to them even more. Suprised this thread has re-appeared after all this time!

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Oooh i love this idea and have just txt my MOH to see how she feels about having one thanks for putting it out there i wouldn't have even thought about anything other than a bouquet xx

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

There are lots of pics in my album of them being worn if it helps:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/aislebeyourscom/sets/72157624592913908/

• D
    Beginner August 2013
    debs35 ·
    • Hide content

What a fab idea, i was wondering what to do with the bouquets and where to put them....probably get left somewhere and forgotten! so at least they are worn for a while too as decoration and then can be tied to a chair or something. and hopefully a bit cheaper!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics