Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

looneysh
Beginner May 2012

Corsage's for MOB/MOG.....OM's and everyone

looneysh, 12 of April of 2012 at 14:13 Posted on Planning 0 14

Is anyone getting corsages for their MOB/MOG?

If yes, are you getting a single flower corsage (essentially identical to a buttonhole) or a 3 flower corsage?

Is your Mum's planning to wear them on their dress or on handbag/hat etc?

?

14 replies

Latest activity by looneysh, 13 of April of 2012 at 12:59
  • M
    Beginner August 2012
    mrshms ·
    • Hide content

I've bought some which are very similar to a buttonhole, just slightly more fancy. But then my mum said it wouldn't go with her outfit, so she is going to wear it on her bag. Not sure about MIL2B, but she'll probably do the same. Seems a shame for them to spend a fortune on an outfit and then have a corsage pinned to it in some ways!

• G
    Beginner November 2011
    GemGem81 ·
    • Hide content

We had corsages for both, they were 2 roses with some hypericum berries (same flowers as buttonholes) and each had a bit of coloured ribbon to tie in with their outfits and make them individual. MOG had hers built on to her handbag and my mum had hers pinned on her jacket

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are quite correct in that a single flower is a buttonhole and definitely not a corsage! A buttonhole and a corsage are two totally different floristry pieces. Corsages are a much more complicated piece to make and involve a lot of delicate wiring work together with more flowers than a buttonhole.

Examples of a standard buttonhole:-

'Special' Buttonhole - usually worn by the Groom or Mums who don't want the full corsage:-

MOB/MOG Corsage:-

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

We haven't bothered...that's not much help ?

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

My mum and my MIL had corsages (pic below) and my dad's partner had a special button hole.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

My Mum and Mil had special corsages, they were 3 roses, we got one for H's Nan too, they had both asked for them to go on their hand bags so as not to ruin their dresses, you can see my Mums on this pic.

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks cricks, seeing real MOB/G's wearing them will help our mums decide what to choose. OH's mum was worried that a corsage would be too big and take over the dress, but I think looking at your picture it definately doesn't...I think it would be nice for the mums to choose the bigger corsage so that they do look different from the Groom/men button holes.

it's up to them at the end of they day.

Thanks everyone for your help!!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

My pleasure.

I think the best option, as you suggest, is to show them some real pictures. I showed mine several pictures and went with her choice (in terms of it being worn). It's dried really well, and still looks very pretty with all of the beading in it. She keeps it on her mantlepiece ?

Beginner August 2012
    *will*b*mrs*c* ·
    • Hide content

We're having wrist corsages for our mums xx

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

I think my mum will just have a fancier buttonhole, not too ott. She won't be having the bag-corsage, we're both not a fan of the look!

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

I think we will have something like this...

not too fancy but still more than a single flower!! and worn on their dress/jacket Smiley smile x

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I had silk corsages so they were able to keep them afterwards

• N
    Beginner April 2012
    Natjay ·
    • Hide content

We have arranged with our florist to have corsages for the women and button holes for the men,

My mum will be having a purple lilac corsage and my MIL and H2B's Granny is having a smaller version of this with the men all having a simple carnation buttonhole except H2B who will be having an artificial flower due to hayfever.

Sorry no pics as won't get to see till the day next week

• M
    Beginner
    MAG2FMC ·
    • Hide content

How traditional are corsages for MOB/MOG? We really didn't want to get these, as they're another expense, and my own mother couldn't care less. But then my MIL told me that "it's the done thing."

Also who gets buttonholes traditionally? I'm guessing anyone male in the wedding party + FOB/FOG . . . anyone else? MIL wanted us to get buttonholes for every male family member, but honestly, another expense?!

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think your MIL is being a little OTT to be honest. I would say the "the done thing" if there is such a thing nowadays would be bridal party only. Though as I say "the norm" isn't really relevant anymore, as so many couples do different things for their wedding day. Being a member of hitched has taught me that!

So YOU decide if you want the bridal party to have buttonholes/corsages, if you dont want/like/afford them, then don't get them....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics