Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner

Cost of evening food

cw2b, 22 of May of 2014 at 22:19 Posted on Planning 0 28

I was just curious (if you don't mind me asking!) how much you are paying per person for evening food? And what type of food - buffet/hog roast etc.

28 replies

Latest activity by Paul & Dawn, 24 of May of 2014 at 09:16
  • W
    Beginner June 2014
    WeddingInJune ·
    • Hide content

W

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

We're not having a sit down wedding breakfast. We're having a hog roast (which includes 4 other dishes for variety and to provide for vegetarians) with a dessert buffet and then a late supper buffet around 10pm, which will be sausage and bacon butties, potato wedges, etc. I'd have to dig out our paperwork to check how much is going to which buffets, but our total catering is coming in just under £3k for 80 people.

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

We are having what our venue classes as a light evening buffet which consists of warm sausage rolls and potato wedges and a cheese assortment with oatcakes, chutney and grapes. This is costing us £6 per guest and will be served with our wedding cake ;-)

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content

We are having a 3.30 ceremony and a 5.30 sit down wedding breakfast so had decided not to do any evening food as will also have cake. Now thinking we might do bacon baps around 10pm (£6.50) each but will decide in a few weeks.

• lm1985
    Beginner September 2016
    lm1985 ·
    • Hide content

We are having a sit down meal but have not gone for starter just main and dessert and it's about 20 Inc vat per head. It is the greatest expense of the wedding we are paying out. But it is a carvary and there will be plenty to go around. We are also looking to save on wine and buy our own and just pay corkage as it works out 100 less. X

• lm1985
    Beginner September 2016
    lm1985 ·
    • Hide content

We are having a sit down meal but have not gone for starter just main and dessert and it's about 20 Inc vat per head. It is the greatest expense of the wedding we are paying out. But it is a carvary and there will be plenty to go around. We are also looking to save on wine and buy our own and just pay corkage as it works out 100 less. X

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

We're paying £7pp for evening food which will be rolls on potato scones / scrambled & fried eggs and bacon, and includes tablet, a tea or coffee and a slice of wedding cake.

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

Our evening food is a buffet which is being provided by a friend (semi-pro caterer) of my Mum for £5 per head. For this we are getting about 20 different items (proper retro buffet food, sausages on sticks, cheese & pineapple, sandwiches, pork pie etc), and within the price she is also going to set up our sweet buffet and the cake! Bargain. Based on our maximum evening numbers the cost will be £300.

Our evening venue would have provided a buffet, 6 different items, for £10 per head, so £600 for less than half the food we are getting. I think not.

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

For our evening buffet we have a set menu (came with package)

- open sandwiches - smoked salmon/crème fraiche, tuna & lemon mayo, egg & cress, ham & mustard
    - Huntsman Pie, Picalilli
    - Tandoori Chicken Drumsticks
    - Cheese & Tomato Quiche
    - Spiced Potato Wedges
    - Leek & Gruyere Cheese Pasties
    - West Country crab cakes, caper mayonnaise
    - chocolate truffle cups

and that's priced at 12.50 Per Person

Im going to have to change some of that though, its far too 'posh' for our guests, just ran it past mum and even she thinks so!

• snow bride
    Beginner June 2016
    snow bride ·
    • Hide content

The venue are providing chicken goujons, wedges, salad and coleslaw for £5pp. We're then ordering £200 worth of Dominos pizza which works out at about £2 per person :-)

• Rosco298
    Beginner February 2014
    Rosco298 ·
    • Hide content

We had pizza in the evening. The caterer brought a pizza oven and set it all up. It was unlimited pizza for 2hrs and £6.75 per head. They went down very very well. We have passed the details on to other friends for their parties.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

As we're having a rather late ( in the wedding world) meal finishing at 6:30 with filling foods the wedding coordinator said it would be best to have things like bacon baps, wedges and sausages in rolls for the evening buffet. Their allowing us to run in things like crisps, dips and nibbles. I'm aiming on spending £200 for the buffet they will provide and just pick up the other bits on my monthly shop for that month an it should cost around £20 as Iv already picked up a few nibbles ( that will still be in date).

We got told to aim to feed 75% of the evening guests and not to add children into that figure as too many times they have seen so much food just go in the bin. If it looks as if tiers not enough food they will get te kitchen to make some more and I'll have to sort them out with the money which I don't mid as I don't want people to go hungry!

• A
    Beginner July 2014
    Aykay ·
    • Hide content

Our is 19 per guest!!! There is a lovely selection of dishes but I really cant see why it costs this much,given that a third of the guests will have had a 3 course meal at 4.30 anyway. I am gonna forcefeed everyone and make them take home doggybags lol. it may just be the way the venue works its charges tho....they charge very little for venue hire compared to other similar essex venues. It also means that every declined invitation from people I dont even know gives me a little burst of joy.

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mmmmmmmmm! If we weren't having the Breakfast at Pizza Express I would have loved to do this for the evening.

• K
    Beginner October 2014
    katie80uk ·
    • Hide content

We are having our evening reception at a local social club so its worked out nice and cheap

We are just having a standard buffet, with a hot something like chilli or curry, and its worked out at about £700 for 150 people, which i dont think is bad at all :-)

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Our evening food cost £22 per head. Posh" buffet i.e. crusty bread and Kettle Chips instead of Walkers ?, hot bites like mini fish and chip cones and bacon baguettes plus a pile of cheese and crackers etc.

We served this around 9:30 pm, after a four course wedding breakfast.

• C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your replies! We didn't want any if the set buffet menus so building our own but it works out at £28 per person! I haven't chosen that much but each item is just expensive! I wasn't sure what the average is, so I think I'll be cutting some foods out!

• C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your replies! We didn't want any if the set buffet menus so building our own but it works out at £28 per person! I haven't chosen that much but each item is just expensive! I wasn't sure what the average is, so I think I'll be cutting some foods out!

• Decorated_Doll
    Beginner July 2016
    Decorated_Doll ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds amazing! Plus, my H2B is a bit of a pizza fanatic. Could I possibly ask for the details?

• Decorated_Doll
    Beginner July 2016
    Decorated_Doll ·
    • Hide content

I like the idea of having a formal sit-down after the ceremony, maybe an afternoon tea kind of affair, but the price is terrifying!

• MrsBoo
    Beginner November 2014
    MrsBoo ·
    • Hide content

Our venue charges £22.50 per head for the standard buffet but we wanted chip cones and bacon rolls etc instead which they have quoted £8 per head but we still have to pay £22.50 per guest so they are letting us use the left over money for our cocktail hour so our day guests get 2 cocktails each. Woo more booze!

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

Ours is £12 pp for cheese/charcuterie boards. We are also serving the wedding cake.

• B
    Beginner August 2014
    bettybubble ·
    • Hide content

We are having a mini Indian buffet (2 starters, 2 curries, rice and naans) for 70 people for £6 a head. I don't think we need a full Indian buffet because there is a 3 course wedding breakfast earlier, and we are also laying on a pile of cold snacks and cake for helping oneself in case people get peckish between the wedding breakfast and the buffet.

We choose Indian because we have a fair number of vegetarians (including the groom) and unlike some menus where the vegetarian option is tacked on, Indian caterers consider the vegetarian food part of the main offering and are very used to catering for mixed parties.

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

We're paying £4.95 pp for bacon butties and chunky chips. We're also having a cheese tower with crackers, chutneys etc which will work out about £4 pp I think, and we'll be serving the wedding cake in the evening too for something sweet.

• Forever Wedding Dance
    Rockstar September 2013
    Forever Wedding Dance ·
    • Hide content

We had a Fish & Chip van called The Frying Squad who did fish / sausage / veggie burger and chips with various sides for £6.50 per head. It went down really well - we had afternoon tea for the sit down meal in the afternoon and this was a good booze soaker! We also had the wedding cake for dessert in the evening (having had loads of sweet things earlier on) but actually people were so stuffed we had lots of cake left.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

It seems like a lot of people going for buffets lately which is nice! We are having a 3 course wedding breakfast followed. The catering price per head includes this, tea/coffee/after dinner mints. Also includes canapés after then ceremony, drinks reception of pimms and beer, table water/wine/soft drinks and toasting champagne. Works out at about £110 per head x

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Also haven't decided what foods we are having yet. I'm half Italian and H2B half turkish so we want to incorporate those aspects in some how. We have a tasting evening nearer the wedding when we can sample food and discuss with the caterers what we would like. All very exciting!

• Paul & Dawn
    Beginner July 2015
    Paul & Dawn ·
    • Hide content

£6.50 per person for homemade pizza ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics