Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs_Rolfe_2b
Beginner September 2012

Cost of wedding flowers?

Mrs_Rolfe_2b, 15 of April of 2011 at 14:18 Posted on Planning 0 29

I am trying to do my budget, and i have no idea how much flowers cost! I know its a broad question and i know it will vary according to location (im in west midlands) flower type etc.

I'm having small wedding party, so will be a bouquet for myself and bridesmaids, and button holes for dads, best man and groom i guess.

Anything to give me a rough idea would be much appreciated! And of cause any flashes would be great!

29 replies

Latest activity by Jaysmonkey, 20 of August of 2013 at 11:15
  • C
    Beginner July 2011
    cassmk2 ·
    • Hide content

I'm, in Essex so my prices will probably be higher. My bouquet is gerberas and roses and is costing £110 and my adult and child bms are having just gerberas and are costing £50 and £25. And my buttonholes are costing £6.50 each

• Mrs_Rolfe_2b
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs_Rolfe_2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls. More expensive than i thought! Gives me a good starting point.

Heres what im looking at for me i think

bouquet-vintage-lg-3 by charlieandleeswedding, on Flickr

• M
    Beginner
    MissZKG ·
    • Hide content

We're having the following:

1 x bridal bouquet (mainly pale pink roses, peonies, sweetpea, hydrangea, lavender, anemones, rosemary/flowering mint, dahlia's or daisies of some kind, poss tulips, and poss ranunculas, wax flower, eucalyptus leaves etc in a cream/pink/lavender purple colour scheme)

3 x bridesmaid bouquets (same but smaller - these will also double up as the top table arrangements)

3 x bridemaid hair flower decorations (cream rose with wax flower and lavender etc)

2 x flower girl posies (same but even smaller)

flowers to dress the three tiered cake

10 pew ends

2 large urn flower displays for the church (which we will take to the reception to decorate the entrance of the marque)

7 mens button holes (cream rose with wax flower and lavender)

4 ladies corsages

10 centre pieces (mixture of the above flowers but more of a riot of colour as we're in a garden setting)

1 swag of fabric with flowers and leaves and bows on the top table

I think thats it...?! This is going to be £600. Phew!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

It's quite a compact bouquet so could be around £65-£70 for something like that. If you go for something a little less compact with leaves in between, it will bring the price down by about £7-£10 if that helps but there's a lot of flowers in the one you like. Looks like waxflower, ranunculus, 12 roses, lisianthus - beautiful bouquet though.

• Mrs_Rolfe_2b
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs_Rolfe_2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks rainbow florist ? Great to know what they are! I just love the colours/ style. Haven't looked at too many yet though to be honest.

I hadn't thought about pew ends. Umm will see how budget goes! Will have a think in to that!

• J
    Beginner September 2011
    jellytotlou ·
    • Hide content

I'm in the West Mids and i've been quoted £65.00 for my boquet, £35.00 for my adult bridesaids, £25.00-£30.00 for my smaller bridesmaids. Thats all based on tied posies of roses in cream with purple lisianthus (sp?) Also quoted £4.00 for a single rose button hole and bit more for the grooms button hole.

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

We are having-

1x bride hand tied natural garden style bouquet (pic attached), 1 x Maid of Honour hand tied bouquet - smaller version of brides, 1 x childs hand tied bouquet - smaller version of brides, 3 double rose buttonholes, 1 wrist corsarge for mum and 4 garlands to go over the arms of the chairs on the aisle end - total spend £180.00 Smiley smile

• Mrs_Rolfe_2b
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs_Rolfe_2b ·
    • Hide content

Ohh liking this one too, if someone could tell me whats in it!?

flowers1 by charlieandleeswedding, on Flickr

If i pop in to a shop, shall i just show them a couple of pictures for prices etc?

Thanks again all

• Mrs_Rolfe_2b
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs_Rolfe_2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats a lovely bouquet Fleur, really like that! Great price for all that too! was just from a florist? Prices really do vary don't they!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Peonies and looks like David Austin roses - you're going up in price I'm afraid! Peonies and David Austin roses are VERY expensive.

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you. The house we are getting married in is owned by the local council who use the council's own nursery for all the house flowers and the gardens. The nursery offer their services to people getting married there and their prices are very competitive so we have been able to get everything at a really great price. On the day we will also have lovely flower displays on stands in the house but that all comes in with the hire of the house Smiley smile

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh Lucky you - look forward to seeing your photos. When it comes to putting on a display, you can't beat local councils. They're displays are unbelievable both in towns and parks.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Mine were £170 for:

1 bride bouquet
    2 bridesmaid bouquets
    9 mens buttonholes
    5 ladies corsages
    10 table decorations

All fresh gerberas ?

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

Im in North East and mine are as follows:

Bridal bouquet £85

bridesmaid bouquets £45 or wrist corsages £12 (havent decided which to have yet depending on look not price)

6 button holes £4.50 each

groom Button hole £6.50

2 Corsages £9.00

So from £185 - £316 for mine!

However im also getting from the same person 70 chair covers and 6 table centre pieces for £320 and 2 topiary trees with organza sashas to match colour scheme.

xx

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

I have just had my final lower appointment and had a huge shock! (florists nearme would give out quotes only estimates)

1 handtied bride

2 bridesmaid handtied

7 table cake stand type bowls

1 top table low

11 button holes

i told her my budget is £800 and has told me she is going to struggle with this. However, my flowers are green crysthtams, roses and hydrangers!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

That sounds expensive Lucie... I would definitely get another couple of quotes. The chrysanths and roses will be average price and the hydrangea slighly above average but even so, it's still steep for the items you mention even if it's 'down South' prices.

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

We are having:

1 Bridal Modern Shower Bouquet

1 Handtied Bridesmaid Bouquet

2 Pin on Corsages for Mum's

1 special Button Hole for OH

11 plain button holes

1 3 foot long and low table arrangement for register table/wedding breakfast table centre

We told the florists we saw that our absolute maximum budget was £300 and a few came back saying that its not possible in our budget and a couple came back saying thats plenty of budget- its ridiculous how much the price can vary from person to person. The lady we eneded up booking has said it will be somewhere between £250-£300 depending on our final choice of flowers because we haven't 100% decided yet, we have lots of ideas but no final design as yet.

x

• M
    Beginner September 2011
    monkey_nut ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks very much for the info Rainbow Florist! I have my first florist appointment this morning and I was thinking about white peonies and amnesia roses... I am in the North East though which sounds like it's cheaper than other parts of the UK.

I might have to revise the peonies and switch for something else... hmmm. Any suggestions anyone? I definitely want the amnesia roses but I'm not too fussed on the other flowers, so maybe white roses would look ok.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

How about Amnesia Roses with Eucalyptus & the silver grey Kochia:

Or Amnesia, Akito, Eucalyptus & Sparay roses:

• C
    Carydiaz ·
    • Hide content

I think this would be the best idea for your party.

cobyneal.com

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

Mine - £60

Bridesmaids - £32 each

Tables - £15

Top Table - £75

Button Holes - £4.50

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I think this hitcher may be already married now as the thread is two years old!

• N
    Beginner July 2014
    NaomiRuth ·
    • Hide content

Hey! Would love to know where you're getting your flowers from?! Thanks!

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

I have been quoted around £200 and that is from my SIL who is a florist, so thank you she is doing them for us as that is our absolute max.

For that we will be getting:

1x bridal bouquet.

3 x bridesmaid bouquets.

3-5 x buttonholes (3 is without the dads, 5 is with - we are not sure which usually goes).

7-10 daffodil centrepieces, we are providing vases. We are having 2-3 centrepieces spread along the top table, so hoping to use the bridesmaid bouquets for that.

• Kate22
    Beginner August 2014
    Kate22 ·
    • Hide content

I have just recently had a quote and I am in the midlands.

1 bridal and 3 bridesmaids, 2 bouquets for mums, 7 table arrangements and 1 for the church and 7 button holes.

Will be having white gerberas and purple fressia.

£344.00.

Kate x

• M
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsBuckleytoBe ·
    • Hide content

A friend of mine runs a foam/artificial Wedding Flowers business! For my bridal bouquet, 3 bridesmaids bouquets and around 6 buttonholes she has quoted me around £150. They look marvellous as well! Here's a couple of bouquets she has done

• Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content

We've been to 3 florists now and asked for the same in all 3.

one said £340, one £230 and the other £140...?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics