Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dominique
Beginner March 2023 East Central London

Costing wedding Djs in London

Dominique, 25 of January of 2023 at 12:56 Posted on Planning 0 3

I'm getting a really huge range of costs for wedding DJs (£340-950). I know you get what you pay for, but the guy charging the least has really good reviews too. What did you ladies pay for DJs in London?

3 replies

Latest activity by Aidan8752, 3 of February of 2023 at 05:50
  • S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

I’m in outer west London and paying £250 for ours. He’s the recommended one for the venue which was important to me because it’s a listed building with a lot of rules, so I wanted to use someone who knows the venue.

To be honest thought we literally just wanted someone who could play the tracks we request. We’re not looking for someone who’s a proper mixer or anything, so I guess it’s just thinking about what you really want them to do - for us we just want someone who presses play at the right time!

• R
    Curious August 2024 Kent
    Rochelle ·
    • Hide content
    Oh wow ! Talk to Kent based one’s they are much cheaper, even if you pay for the cost of travel it should still be cheaper than that hun ? Here they are around £150 some even cheaper depending on experience. You can include in your wedding invites for them to rsvp with one song that will get them up and dancing then give that list to your dj - sounds bad but so long as they have direction I’m sure even at the cheaper end of things you will have the same result Smiley smile x
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Part of the cost difference could be the amount of lighting equipment they use, some prices may include optional uplighters for the room. Some may have more lighting than others which could be a factor in costs. Once everyone is on the dance floor enjoying themselves I am not sure if anyone would notice the amount of lighting.

But for me the more lighting the better for a good shot. Smoke helps a lot but some venues are very strict about using it - something about it leaving a coating I think ?

Costing wedding Djs in London 1

Here is an example of uplighting in action, these can be programmed to match your colour theme

Costing wedding Djs in London 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics