Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner September 2011

Cotton bunting

cjhugs, 31 of March of 2011 at 10:31 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi, Does anyone know where I can buy cotton bunting at a reasonable price? I am looking for 100m in total.

Thanks

10 replies

Latest activity by lovelygirl, 1 of April of 2011 at 10:53
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Hi & Welcome to Hitched

https://cottonbunting.co.uk/

https://www.ecobunting.co.uk/5.html

Even cheaper to make your own:

https://www.activityvillage.co.uk/flag-bunting

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

We made it, was really cheap to do your own, we (mainly mu mum tbh) made about 80m

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I have my MIL making some as I type!

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

I am making my own- 50 metres. That's 130 triangles and not as easy as it sounds! Very cheap though, has cost me less than £40 (would be £120 to buy 50 metres) and I have picked the fabrics I like rather than being limited to gingham, polka dotted or plain white.

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

I have yet to see cotton bunting at a reasonable cost, considering its so easy to make.

We made some for the school fete and it was completely out of scraps, and it looked fab!

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

I have bought some from eBay... it cost me £36 and IIRC I'm getting 144 foot (about 43 metres). The seller is making the bunting in my colours with a garden party/vintage rose kind of feel with some Cath Kidston-esque prints and gingham/polka dots etc. It hasn't arrived yet but the seller has been in contact to let me know when she's going to make it and send it etc.

Unfortunately she seems to have stopped selling them at the moment, but her feedback is good so hopefully I will actually get mine on time and as described!

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

wow, that's amazing value, I don't know how she can afford to do it at that price! Just the cutting out of the triangles alone has taken hours (at least 6 hours so far and I have only cut out 3/4 of the triangles).

• C
    Beginner September 2011
    cjhugs ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for everyone's help - this great. I am going to speak to the MIL to ask for her help. If anyone knows of anyone who has made some and would be willing to sell / hire i would be interested. Not adverse to making it myself but I need quite a lot for a very big hall!!

thanks again x

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

My wonderful MIL who is a professional curtain maker is making my bunting, and i want to keep one string to hang in the future nursery and then I think we are planning on selling it on afterwards and i should think most people who make it would not want to keep it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics