Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner November 2025 Lancashire

Council Ceremony Fees

Katie, 15 of September of 2024 at 18:13 Posted on Planning 0 2

I was just wondering if anyone could please help. My partner and I are trying to work out the fees our Council changes to get married but I'm finding it a bit confusing.

We are leaning towards church ceremony but undecided as to whether Catholic (I am Catholic but OH isn't) or CofE. We have had a look on the Calderdale Council website and understand we both have to pay £42 to give notice. Then, I think, a £50 booking fee, however we are confused as to the other charges/fees.
Just wondering if there is anyone local who could please could kindly explain. I feel kind of stupid asking but just a bit confused.
Thank you 😊

2 replies

Latest activity by Katie, yesterday at 16:54
  • Sie
    Curious November 2025 Essex
    Sie ·
    • Hide content
    The £42 pounds to give notice at the council register office is standard. You have to give notice wherever you are having your wedding

The £50 booking fee is part of the charges for the registrar to come out to your venue. The full cost varies in different areas, but your council should have a list of their fees and charges.

But if you are having a church wedding the priest is very often a registrar of marriages and you may well not need to pay a Council one to come out.
    Contact the priest at the church you would like to get married in and they should be able to explain what you need to do and what the charges are.
    I hope this helps
  • K
    Beginner November 2025 Lancashire
    Katie Online ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much that really does help.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics