Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Penny P
Beginner March 2014

Covering tattoos with makeup

Penny P, 7 of November of 2013 at 15:06 Posted on Planning 0 6

I have a small tattoo on my upper arm that I'd like to cover on my wedding day.

I've been looking at camouflage makeup online but also came across a tutorial of covering tattoos with everyday concealer, foundation and powder - would this stay all day??

Anyone any experience of cover tattoos/scars/birthmarks etc??

6 replies

Latest activity by jo-jo1983, 24 of November of 2013 at 18:02
  • NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

One word - dermablend!

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I'm pretty sure I've heard of people saying that covering them with just concealer etc won't cover them completely and it'll rub off easily.
    And I don't think it'd stay on all day, maybe go onto clothes and maybe other peoples especially if its hot and you're hugging people etc?
    Maybe not though, could give it a trial one day and try it out?

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at Keromask - I've heard great things about it. http://www.keromask.com/tattoo-cms-54.html

• J
    Beginner April 2013
    JanetJones ·
    • Hide content

Definitely get a proper cover. I thought I could get away with some heavy concealer, and for a while it was perfect but then it rubbed off all over my new husbands (hired) suit.

And wouldn't come off.

• Scrumptious Make Up (HIB)
    Scrumptious Make Up (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I really cannot recommend Airbase enough. Its airbrushing. They cover any marks, tattoos, birth marks etc brilliantly and it is silicone base so will not rub off. :-)

I do airbrushing make up and have done so on 90% of my brides this year so far! :-)

Emma x

www.scrumptiousmakeup.com

• J
    Beginner August 2014
    jo-jo1983 ·
    • Hide content

Agree with emma above. An airbase make up is brill for this and i use it on clients for covering tattoos.

Veil also do a cover up make up but just remember you will need to use thin layers and build any product up and use a setting spray on the last layer to make it set so it doesnt rub off on the day.

If it is a black tattoo use a small bit of green concealer on the outline before you start. But worth getting it done professionally if you can afford it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics