Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner April 2022 West London

Covid worry

Holly, 18 of December of 2021 at 20:03 Posted on Planning 0 11
I don’t want to spark any fear but I can’t help feeling anxious about my wedding at the beginning of April and Covid rearing it’s ugly head again. We’re expecting about 170 guests and having it in England 😬 any words of calm, wisdom or echo are very much welcomed xx

11 replies

Latest activity by Wendy, 9 of April of 2022 at 08:40
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Mine is the middle of march so am in the same position! No words of wisdom I'm afraid but I did check that everything is refundable or movable so that is something. I'm more panicking about working in hospitality and hours/furlough?? Fingers crossed for us all!
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    We are end of April and am being a bit more attentive to the news. Is so hard, honestly can't say but try not to worry about something you cannot control and changes so quickly. I made sure I had covid clauses in all my contracts that I can move my date even if weddings can go ahead with restrictions. Fingers crossed for us all, I am hopeful by April we should be OK x
  • N
    Dedicated May 2022 Somerset
    Nathalie ·
    • Hide content
    Hey Holly! I’m getting married at the start of May and completely empathise. I’m trying to keep positive on it by thinking this way: if there were to be another lockdown in say, end Dec/early Jan, we have vaccines and boosters now, so it would be a shorter one to get us through the peak of the winter period in Jan (/Feb). The talk is all of a “circuit breaker” lockdown, which is short. Before April the situation will be different and weather (hopefully!) improving and while covid won’t be gone or the pandemic over (like I dreamed it would be when I booked a spring 2022 wedding!!) we’ll be in a different position and getting back to more like a “normal-for-a-pandemic” situation. Like others have said, double check or make sure you have covid clauses and pay for as much as you can on credit card (greater protection).
    Yes we’ll probably still be in a pandemic, but 2022 is a very different situation to 21 and 20, so fingers crossed spring weddings go ahead as “normal”.
    Unfortunately the only other advice I can give is to focus on those things you can control (payments, taking care of yourself and your mental health) and not on the things you can’t (pandemics!!)
  • Sarah
    Curious March 2022 Devon
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married the end of March and this has already been postponed once due to covid. Broke my heart the first time we had to move it so this time around were going ahead with it. Every guest has had the vaccinations. I guess it's up to the restrictions if there are any at the time. Fingers crossed 🤞 good luck everyone
  • J
    Curious January 2022 Gloucestershire
    Jesshumphriesx ·
    • Hide content
    I was meant to be getting married on the 8th January! I don’t see that happening now which is frustrating hopefully I can postpone to a later date but currently have everything crossed that we don’t lock down!
  • M
    Beginner February 2022 Lancashire
    Maddy ·
    • Hide content
    I'm meant to be getting married on the 12th February and I feel so depressed about it all ☹ but it's important to note that we are in a much better position than before as we now have vaccines which protect vulnerable people ♥
  • RomanticGreenCars31713
    Beginner December 2021
    RomanticGreenCars31713 ·
    • Hide content

We are due to be getting married on NYE 2021... we just know there is almost no way it will go ahead, its in 8 days and we have lost hope already, its been 2 years now and we are feeling so desperate to have an answer. I feel like even in spring you will be waiting until literally a few days before until you truly know the outcome.

Wishing you the best of luck and I am sure you have more luck than I do with your date x

• C
    Beginner August 2021 Hertfordshire
    Christina ·
    • Hide content

I can really empathise with this; I was originally due to get married in August 2020, and the covid thing was horrifically stressful. Nobody seemed to understand quite how much anxiety it produced, and I spent well over a year feeling constantly stressed about the whole thing.

I did have to postpone my wedding in the end, which was a nightmare, but I can say that if that happens, you WILL get through it, and some day it will all be a bad memory. That said, I honestly think your wedding will be able to go ahead as planned. The government is very keen to avoid more restrictions, and with the vaccine situation, we're in a much better position now. I know I cannot stop you worrying, but for what my opinion is worth, I really do think your wedding will be fine xx

• MrsRtoH
    Savvy October 2022 Merseyside
    MrsRtoH ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You must have got married!!?? Hope you had a wonderful day! Xxx
  • Y
    Beginner January 2022 Norfolk
    Yetagda ·
    • Hide content

While the last report of the expert testing activate led by the Government's boss logical counselor Prof Mark Ferguson, suggests far-reaching utilization of the tests, including the potential for mass rollout in schools by September of this current year, it was not upheld by all individuals from the gathering.

• Hyacinth
    Beginner April 2022 Essex
    Hyacinth ·
    • Hide content
    Mine's April too. Just hoping!!! I'm thinking the latest is no more lockdowns. My oh and I are going into self isolation for three weeks before the big day as well! There's no way we are getting pinged or getting it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics