Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner October 2020

Covid-19 Wedding insurance help please

SunnyPinkHair84007, 12 of April of 2020 at 21:06 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi All,

I really need some help. I have wedding insurance with debenhams and i was wondering if anyone has actually MANAGED to get an insurance company to pay out to postpone a wedding?

Currently every single provider (that i have heard of) is refusing to pay out. Its making me really anxious. Surely insurance is for times like this?

Can't help but feel like i have been scammed by these companies. Can anyone speak from experience with their own provider? I have emailed Debenhams insurance but if i try and call their phone line cuts out.

Can anyone help at all?

Currently to move my wedding date to next year will cost me £10,000.

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGoldCars33377, 17 of April of 2020 at 19:14
  • L
    Beginner July 2020
    LittleGardenGnome22593 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sunny,

I’ve been looking at this myself, we have Debenhams insurance too.

The Which website might help you, but it reads to me that if your wedding is due to take place while they’re banned under the government’s Coronavirus Act or other regulation, then the company doesn’t have to pay out. If, however, government revokes the legislation or regulation imposing the ban on weddings but your venue is unable to host it because of an outbreak of infectious disease etc. then they’d have to honour the policy.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/03/what-does-coronavirus-mean-for-your-wedding-insurance/

We are all between a very large rock and a very hard place ☹️??

If you did ever want to clarify or challenge a policy, I’d always suggest getting decent legal advice. The Law Society has a ‘find a solicitor’ function to find someone near you.

• R
    RomanticGoldCars33377 ·
    • Hide content

Both. Would be interested in seeing how this progresses. My second daughter is to be married next year and whilst I didn’t insure for my other daughters wedding last year, it’s certainly something I’m considering. Please do let us know how you get on

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics