Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner August 2018

Crabbs Barn, Essex - Noise query

BenEmmaAmos, 30 of December of 2015 at 20:22 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi All,

We are planning to get married at Crabbs Barn, Kelvedon in August 2018. The only tiny reservation we have is how close it is to the A12. Has anyone had their wedding/reception there in the summer? If so, can you advise if you can hear the A12 drastically, as the guys there advised that the foliage would prevent the noise.

Thanks in advance.

Ben and Emma

4 replies

Latest activity by Nicki4884, 9 of January of 2016 at 16:24
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Hi, congratulations and welcome to hitched. I don't know the venue but can you visit when it's a busy time for that road and see how loud the traffic noise is?

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

When I have photographed weddings there, I haven't noticed any traffic noise.......decent venue, nice choice....

Peter

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I photographed a wedding there this year and never noticed any noise and we were out side most of the time.

• PeteKelk
    PeteKelk ·
    • Hide content

If you visit Crabbs when there is nobody there, I think that the noise from the A12 can be quite noticeable... However, when the grounds are filled with guests chattering away, no, you can't hear it over the noise of your guests.

Pete

• N
    Beginner July 2016
    Nicki4884 ·
    • Hide content

I was at a wedding there in August and didn't notice any road noise either and most of the day we were outside, it's a lovely venue.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics