Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

rubyfirecracker
Beginner November 2013

Crafty/ Budget Brides

rubyfirecracker, 11 October, 2012 at 23:26

Posted on Planning 143

Hey All, I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we can share our crafty or money-saving ideas! We have a budget of £3000. Our venue is super cheap and super priddy! I'm having Vivien of Holloway dress so my outfit comes in at a lot less than the average bride's knickers! We're...

Hey All,

I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we can share our crafty or money-saving ideas!

We have a budget of £3000. Our venue is super cheap and super priddy! I'm having Vivien of Holloway dress so my outfit comes in at a lot less than the average bride's knickers! Smiley tongue We're eschewing suits in favour of braces and bow ties. BM's are paying for themselves. Here's my outfit:

http://pinterest.com/rubyfirecracker/my-outfit/

Things we are making:

Brooch bouquets, swirl lollies to make into a bouquet for my lollipop (flower) girl, bunting (lots of), table plans, a photo booth (donated vintage cameras, chalk board speech bubbles, home made props and fabric backdrop), paper pinwheel centrepieces, buttonholes made from felt, scrabble signs, table numbers, kids activity books, pompoms, dolls of us for cake topper, stuffed dolls of us for photo booth, gingham tablecloths, BM gifts, paper flowers, jam favours

Things other people are donating to us for free:

Wedding cake, cakes for pudding buffet, car and driver (OHs dad!), Photography (friend), Hairdresser (friend), Ukulele band (playing for food!), 2 singer songwriter pals playing, 6 DJs playing (we have a northern soul DJ, a 60s girl groups DJ, 2 x 60s garage DJs, 1 x 60s reggae DJ and 1 x 80s alternative DJ - yippee), time to set up the room, veggie food, kids buffet and salads, stationery (designer friend), cake plates for cake buffet

Things we are getting dead cheap:

His gear, my gear, BM dresses (£30 each, paying for themselves), Hog Roast (from a local farm £500 for 200 big servings), Rings (Argos I'm afraid - we are both terrible scatty and likely to lose them plus we don't really like jewellery!), venue (£750 all day- and honest, its lovely - see http://rowheathpavilion.co.uk )

I am so interested to see all of you budget/ crafty brides's plans too, partly cos I think it's an ace way to do a wedding, and partly cos I want to nick some of them Smiley laugh My big day inspirations are all here: http://pinterest.com/rubyfirecracker/weddingy-things/

143 replies

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Ruby that's great ?

Oh and to get you in the mood for the German Market ?

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

Bought my bridal handbag the other day. £8.95 in Deichman - get in!

Then FMIL gave me some shoes she bought for less than a tenner when her daughter was planning her wedding. They are a great match.

Went to a wedding yesterday and all bouquets and button holes were paper flowers. They were beautiful.

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

I would love to be able to do that but my tab I use to browse won't seem to let me. I have changed my profile pic for the time being to give an idea just in case the link I use below doesn't work.

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I don't know if anyone is superstitious about it, but when I was a kid I volunteered at my local Barnardos for 4 years, we would store up all the donated wedding dresses and put them on sale in a wedding special every January. They were always in great in condition (worn only once!) and they'd go for about £30, no more than £90. Some of them were really beautiful!

• L
    Beginner February 2013
    lucyluvy ·
    • Hide content

Just started a post re a company called iglou that have a january buy one get one free offer on everythinga!

ive bought loads from them as doing my own centre pieces and table arrangements, i also got clear favour boxes from them as doing my own favours

check them out as a bogof always helps the budget

lucy

xxx

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

Just made a prototype of a wedding invitation. Very cheap

One sheet of Lavender card = 3.5p

One sheet of ivory paper (to do 3 comp slip size inserts) = 1.5p

Ribbon = 4p

Heart and label for the front < 1p

I did have to buy a cutter to do the heart for £9.50 but over 100 invite and 100 orders of service plus any extra decor works out less than 5p

Less than 15p per invite

so flash!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics