Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

debmci

crafty pew ends question!

debmci, 16 July, 2010 at 11:01 Posted on Planning 0 8

Has any of you made or is making pew ends for the church? I was thinking of putting bows on like every 3rd pew down each side of the church. The rolls of ribbon come in either 20 or 25m and I was wondering if that would be enough! Roughly what length would you need for each one? There will be about 8 in total of them. What do you think? Also Im guessing that whey would be easy to make... if im guessing wrong, please do tell me!! Smiley smile

8 replies

Latest activity by Rustic Daze, 22 July, 2010 at 13:05
  • MarieMarie1980
    Beginner August 2010
    MarieMarie1980 ·
    • Hide content

Hi deborah, I have ribbon/bows for my pew ends but bought them ready made up from Ebay. I got 12 bows for about £15.00. They dont look too difficult to make up but I think it would take a lot of practice to get right. I have made a lot of my own stuff but didnt fancy doing bows as well. Also, do you know how they are going to fasten? Ours have an extra bit of ribbon at the back to tie on the pew end but it is a bit fiddly becuase of the shape of the pew end. The seller on Ebay was Wedding fairies if you want to check them out.

HTH

Mx

• debmci
  • Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

What type are you looking for? I got 10 for £4.50 of the standard pull blow - shiny material etc. Like this:

http://www.party-balloon.co.uk/images/catalog/PULL-BOW-1.gif

I have had to go for this cheaper onption as our church is huge and has about 60 pews.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

well I had a wee look at church the other sunday morning and I think it would be easy enough to do. My friend got married in the same church a few years back and had lovely floral pew ends which I think her mum did! Her mum is doing my church flowers as well, but I dont want floral pew ends, as Im having a couple of floral window displays, and with my sisters hay fever I think it would be more than enough! I've looked on ebay for wedding fairies but cant find them...but will keep looking! Thank-you!

Debs xo

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

The cheapest & easiest way is to use florist pull bows, you can buy them on Ebay about £6-£7 for 30 bows:

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It would be this kind of thing i was thinking...we're having tartan at the wedding so was thinking of putting a small piece of tartan ribbon into it as well. Im not a huge fan of the pull bows to be honest.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HAND-MADE-BOWS-FOR-PEW-ENDS-WEDDING-ETC-BUTTERFLY-/120595862910?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&hash=item1c1412d57e

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

mariemarie - was this the people you got yours from?? http://www.wedding-fairies.co.uk/organza%20sashes%20for%20sale.html

at 79p each, Im thinking that buying them might just be easier!! Its certainly working out cheaper than the first place I looked for ribbon. It would save a lot of money never mind the time to actually make them!!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried www.ineverthoughtofthat.co.uk ? She used to a HIB but not seen her for a long while.....

• R
    Rustic Daze ·
    • Hide content

Hi Deborah

I made my own pew end decorations - I used these beautiful large twig hearts on eery other pew end. I decorated them with lavender and raffia as that was a bit of a theme of the wedding. It was in the Lake District so it was a really rustic wedding. Eeveryone commented on these twig hearts. I have about 20 of them for sale or hire if you're interested. They can be decorated with any ribbon of your choice. Philippa x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics