Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2014

Cravat and tie help pleaseeee..

Shely, 14 of April of 2014 at 09:37 Posted on Planning 0 12

So i posted a while back that i did'nt think the cravat and ties matched my bm dresses (too bright) so i returned them. However since we have been looking for suitable ones in a really, really pale pink with no joy!! We spent 6 hours in Birmingham on Saturday trawling all sorts of shops, still nothing pale enough. We only need 1 cravat, 2 skinny ties and 3 pocket squares. Why the heck this is soo hard i just don't know!!! I would be extremely grateful for any help or indeed advice on a contrasting colour that might work, my theme is pale pink. With 12 weeks to go slight panic is setting in!!

These are bm dresses they are very light pinky peach.

12 replies

Latest activity by Shely, 14 of April of 2014 at 14:36
  • K
    Beginner August 2014
    KyleighB ·
    • Hide content

https://www.dobell.co.uk/light-pink-savoy-diamond-cravat

https://www.dobell.co.uk/light-pink-savoy-diamond-handkerchief

No luck on the skinny ties though!

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content

The bottom of the dress is the pinky peach colour with sparkly ivory (ish) netting over. Hmm ivory im just not sure if it would all look too bland or whether it would work.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh they could be a possibility if i could find ties.

Thanks ladies. Im wondering whether it would matter if h2b wore cravat like that ones and the other 2 wore different coloured ties instead of matching? But then im back to what colour?

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    KyleighB ·
    • Hide content

How about the pink cravat for the groom, two skinny ivory ties for the groomsmen (assuming thats who its for) but all three have the pink pocket squares to tie them all together?

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    KyleighB ·
    • Hide content

Same here my OH is wearing a light green cravat and everyone else is wearing ivory.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content

Well i have made hessian bunting and painted pale pink hearts on which are slightlt brighter. Flowers are pale pink gerbera as are buttonholes.

Maybe it is a good idea to go for ivory ties for groomsmen or would the 3 of them in cravats look daft? It is a small cotswold wedding at a mill/hotel.

Meant to ask what colour bm dresses are if you are having them groom and groomsmen in different shades? Also the 3 of them are in their own non matching suits.

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    KyleighB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

All in cravats would be fine. Well I hope so because thats what we're having!

The grooms is light green, groomsmen's and BM's are ivory and that BM dress is dusky pink!

He was adament that he wanted green rather than pink but the flowers and his buttonhole should tie it all in.

• rachd03
    Beginner May 2014
    rachd03 ·
    • Hide content

My OH is having a silver cravat and the rest of the men are having cravats to match the bridesmaid dresses.

When the girls dresses arrived I took them to the suit hire shop and could not find cravats anywhere to match so started to panic.

One of the lovely ladies on here pointed me to the following Ebay seller - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Tie-the-Knot-Wedding-Accessories?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

I sent him images of my BM dresses and he sent me fabric samples and I found the perfect match. He is really helpful and the cravats are so cheap (I was not payinf £20 odd from Dessy!) He has also done me a flowergirl sash to match so I definately recommend going here Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds lovely, i wish i had more than one colour now! Thanks for your help:-)

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh thank you:-) i will have a look.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics